by Lindsay Herron

WALTER SMITH reckons Barry Ferguson has returned to his best form at just the right time as Rangers seek a glorious end to the season.

The skipper was the match-winner last Saturday at Hamilton with his first goal of the season but Smith says he has been playing well on top of that.

Ferguson's experience will clearly be vital in the SPL run-in as Rangers get set to face Inverness at Ibrox tonight.

Walter SmithSmith said: "He has been playing well for the last month and he is starting to pick up.

"He was out for a period of time in the early part of the season and it was always going to be difficult to come back, when you take into consideration that the whole team started the season slowly.

"But I think he has been playing exceptionally well in the last period and he played well on Saturday.

"He is starting to play at the top of his game again.

"You could see signs of that in spells of games that we've had and that was his most consistent performance for us since he came back.

"Hopefully, he can continue that for the rest of our games this season."

Obviously Walter's definition of 'exceptionally well' is rather similar to my own 'below average' description of his recent form... :confused:

I'll expect a lot better from Ferguson no matter the manager's comments above.

Obviously Walter's definition of 'exceptionally well' is rather similar to my own 'below average' description of his recent form... :confused:

I'll expect a lot better from Ferguson no matter the manager's comments above.

this is the man who thinks lafferty is a left winger so dont read too much into anything he says.

I think Walter must see psychedelic colours in his head.:confused:

I think he just sees a uniform grey.

Everything is the same - fullbacks, centre halfs, left/right, midfielder/striker, win/lose. They're all the same.

I thought Ferguson was one of our better players last night.

However, he still wasn't good enough overall and he, Edu and Davis all sat far too deep; abdicating responsibility and making our job of breaking down Caley nigh on impossible.

Add in the fat traffic cone that is Boyd then our chances of a goal - despite constant possession - were minimal.

I thought Ferguson was one of our better players last night.

However, he still wasn't good enough overall and he, Edu and Davis all sat far too deep; abdicating responsibility and making our job of breaking down Caley nigh on impossible.

Add in the fat traffic cone that is Boyd then our chances of a goal - despite constant possession - were minimal.

Do i feel another thread coming on here. The final, final Boyd thread.:fish: