Craig Levein - hypocritical moaning git

I know there's some who rate Levein highly, particularly as he stands up for his team and speaks his mind, but come on, his latest tirade is so hypocritical its incredible. I've lost count of the number of times his side play against us, taking their time over every by-kick, throw-in etc when the score is in their favour. But as soon as they go behind its a different story and then they have the cheek to complain there's not enough added-on time at the end.

Why did the journo not pick him up on this?

CRAIG LEVEIN last night launched a scathing attack on Hearts for "conning" their way to victory at Tannadice.

The furious Dundee United boss blasted his former club for faking injury and resorting to time-wasting tactics in the controversial 1-0 win at the weekend.

Levein, who watched a rerun of their weekend's game on video yesterday, singled out Jambos midfielder David Obua for some stinging criticism for pathetic play-acting.

And he has pleaded with referees not to allow a repeat of Saturday's scenes that enabled the third-placed Tynecastle team to chalk up a vital victory in their quest to qualify for Europe.

Levein said: "Hearts conned the referee. I think with Hearts particularly, referees have to be alive to these kinds of tactics.

"I just want referees to watch out for them doing the same sort of thing again.

"It shouldn't be allowed.

"David Obua was comical and there were other players who were pretending to be injured when there was nothing wrong with them."

He sure is mate...

When we played against them in late January they sat back, wasted time and generally played for a draw. As soon as we scored they then attacked us.

He's a joke.

He sure is mate...

When we played against them in late January they sat back, wasted time and generally played for a draw. As soon as we scored they then attacked us.

He's a joke.

Isn't that what most teams do when they play at Ibrox or CP?

I'll agree though that he's a whinger. He must've gone to the same school/college as Jim Jefferies.

The time-wasting is not exactly "conning" a win either. 1) They are using the laws of the game to their advantage, it is up to the officials to deem the appropriate amount of time to add on and 2) Who is to say Utd would have scored anyway !

Sour grapes. I dislike the man more and more with each interview he gives - and I moan about WS' interviews.... Levein has him beat by a country mile !

The time-wasting is not exactly "conning" a win either. 1) They are using the laws of the game to their advantage, it is up to the officials to deem the appropriate amount of time to add on and 2) Who is to say Utd would have scored anyway !

Sour grapes. I dislike the man more and more with each interview he gives - and I moan about WS' interviews.... Levein has him beat by a country mile !

Smith's just like a senior politician. Never saying anything to shock or offend the media or rile opposition teams. Unfortunately this serves the role of riling the fans of the very team he manages. :mad:

Levein is a horrible, horrible bastard and I can't believe more people haven't woken up to this odious little shit.

He comes out with classless rants like this again and again (except against Celtic you understand), a game at Hamilton earlier in the season rings a bell.

"I think with Hearts particularly, referees have to be alive to these kinds of tactics."

Say that in the English Premiership and that's an instant fine.

He should be getting find in the SPL for it. So two faced it's untrue. Can't believe some people thin/thought he would be good at Ibrox. Give me a break, if thats the road we're going down we are in big big trouble