KRIS BOYD fought off a cold to help Rangers take three points against Killie at Ibrox.

Kris Boyd, Rangers celebrates scoring Rangers' first goalThe prolific striker was a doubt in the lead up to yesterday's SPL clash but was given the all clear to play and put in an excellent shift for his team.

Kris scored his side's first goal with a typically instinctive strike and took his tally for the season to 24.

He said after the final whistle: "From yesterday to this morning I feel a lot better and the gaffer gave me a chance to play.

"It was a tough match but I am just pleased that we came through it and got three points, that was so crucial.

"In the first ten minutes I had a couple of chance and was disappointed not to score.

"We then went behind against the run of play which was disappointing but we fought back and I was pleased to get us back in the game.

"Kenny then got two but apart from that I thought he was excellent today. Kris Boyd in action against Killie

"I think the critiicism he gets his unfair.

"That was his 11th goal which is not bad for someone who is not supposed to be a goalscorer.

"But the result gives us a huge boost and the pressure is now on Celtic.

"Fir Park is a difficult place to go and they now have the added pressure of us being above them.

"Even if they win against Motherwell we play Hamilton before their game next weekend so this is an important period for both clubs."