Final Boyd thread.

I know people who believe implicitly in intelligent design and are prepared to argue long and hard to defend it.

It makes no sense, has no foundation in fact or evidence, and is based in fairly equal measure on prejudice and ignorance. Unfortunately that won't stop them from doing everything they can to promote it.

Perhaps the critics of Boyd aren't so very different.

:devil:

I do understand Cammy's frustration. My own is that we have debated Boyd to death. We know what he does. We know what he doesn't do. I no longer wish to flog that dead horse.

When I see another Boyd "debate", there is no debate merely two groups shouting their own views louder and louder, I do not question his strengths or weaknesses. There is little to be gained by doing that. Not many disagree on these, but on whether or not he deserves to play, for me it's a given.

Anyway, my own reasons for entering these debates are to try and understand the motivations for those who seekto blame him for all the ills of the team on the field ahead of a vast number of more deserving players.

Whilst those who are against Boyd's inclusion like to patronise his "supporters" with the argument that it is a team game, they may wish to consider that point when accusing Boyd for us not having won an SPL title during his time here and a vast other number of their arguments.

'Better' meaning what exactly? Run around more?

Put in more of an effort. Try and jump for balls. Put in challenges. etc.

He was able to do it after the whole Burley affair, but seems to be falling back into the level of performances which he was having at the start of the season.

Let's hope it's a blip, but there were times on Saturday he just didn't seem interested. Why shouldn't we be expecting him to put in the same level of effort as he did from the middle of October onwards?

Whilst those who are against Boyd's inclusion like to patronise his "supporters" with the argument that it is a team game, they may wish to consider that point when accusing Boyd for us not having won an SPL title during his time here and a vast other number of their arguments.

I don't think that there's many who are arguing that he shouldn't be in the team.

Plenty of 'top class' managers would disagree with your view on Miller, as would plenty other fans. Can't remember him spening much time warming the bench at any of his domestic clubs and he plays regularly for the national side (under 4 different managers).

Cammy F

Yet I can remember none of those managers trying very hard to keep him and Rangers weren't exactly having to fight off competition for his signature last summer, were they?

Miller isn't the first substandard player who has earned a lot of unjustified money on the back of an unjustified reputation.

Put in more of an effort. Try and jump for balls. Put in challenges. etc.

He was able to do it after the whole Burley affair, but seems to be falling back into the level of performances which he was having at the start of the season.

Let's hope it's a blip, but there were times on Saturday he just didn't seem interested. Why shouldn't we be expecting him to put in the same level of effort as he did from the middle of October onwards?

The day before the game, Boyd was ill with a viral infection and wasn't going to be fit to play. That might be taken into account.

Are you really watching the same Miller. His control is every bit as bad as Boyd's if not worse. The last 2 games are evidence of this. The touches against Forfar were far far worse than i've ever seen from Boyd.

As the saying goes, Miller couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Most apt really.