Season tickets are a large part of what has killed the atmosphere at football matches. When I started going regularly, you travelled with your mates or you met them at the game - but you shared the matchday experience with them. Now most of us have to separate before kickoff, go to our allocated seats and watch the game in isolation. It's a very pale imitation of the experience I once knew and certainly not one I'm prepared to waste season ticket money on anymore. Then you get harrassed by some snotty steward or a policeman inventing new laws as he goes. You don't know whether you are going to leave Ibrox with memories of a football match or a conviction.

That and the fact that season ticket money up front is keeping Murray in place means I will never again own a season ticket at Ibrox. I can still go to any game I choose, so what benefit would a season ticket give me?

Also, the price of pies, bovril etc etc are expensive to say the least.

Going to a game these days, you'll need to take at least �£10 with you for train fayre, food, bevvy etc etc. If you like your food or bevvy then maybe �£20 is more like it.

MF, I'd like to know what "new laws" police officers have made up during games.

Edited by Gazza_8

Season tickets are a large part of what has killed the atmosphere at football matches. When I started going regularly, you travelled with your mates or you met them at the game - but you shared the matchday experience with them. Now most of us have to separate before kickoff, go to our allocated seats and watch the game in isolation. It's a very pale imitation of the experience I once knew and certainly not one I'm prepared to waste season ticket money on anymore. Then you get harrassed by some snotty steward or a policeman inventing new laws as he goes. You don't know whether you are going to leave Ibrox with memories of a football match or a conviction.

That and the fact that season ticket money up front is keeping Murray in place means I will never again own a season ticket at Ibrox. I can still go to any game I choose, so what benefit would a season ticket give me?

I've always said that season tickets should be for a section instead of a seat and you just funnel into that section with the only rule that you shove right up to the end of the rows and don't leave any spaces. That way it's easier to sit by your mates which would increase enjoyment as well as the atmosphere.