Was talking to my mate last night and he said he's giving up his season ticket next season as it's not value for money for the "shite" we watch every second week.

We both agreed that the primary reason anyone buys a season ticket as Ibrox is for the OF games, then the Aberdeen games and maybe, at a push the Hibernian games. The other games are just boring to watch, especially during the winter months. Personally, when I had my season ticket and on waking up on a cold, wintery Saturday morning knowing we were playing Falkirk/Dunfermlin/Killie/Motherwell etc etc didn't fill me with excitement.

When I gave my ticket up I thought I'd miss going but I don't. I enjoy watching SSN on a Saturday afternoon in the warmth and comfort of my own house. (Fuck, Killie have just scored). I can pick and choose the games I want to go and see ie Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Under the current regime, I can't see myself going back and wasting my hard earned wages on a medocre team who bore me to tears. My mates feels the same!

Does the season ticket holders amongst us here on Gersnet feel they're getting value for money watching Rangers? What would piss me off was being told of a price increase after a trophyless season.

Thought please.

I've never been a season ticket holder, but I'd agree that SPL games are a complete waste of money to see dross like Inverness and Hamilton, our own negative approach under Smith, and absolutely pisspoor officiating. If I wanted to go to Ibrox today it would have set me back - I think - �£24. Sod that for a game of soldiers.

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years, and if you ask me what I enjoy about the game, it's meeting my mates before the game, it's talking to the guys around me in the ground, and the football on the pitch comes a poor third.

It's not good value, but the sad thing is that I don't have anything else better to do so I'll be back next season.

wasting my hard earned wages

You get paid for being a copper in Glasgow???? :fish:

I know what you mean chief. I had a season ticket holder and the thought of getting up at 7am to go to a Dunfermline game wasnt appealing anymore compared to when i was 15 or 16 in the 90s and couldnt sleep on a friday night with the excitement of getting on a train and going to Rangers for a day out.

Changed days!!!! Ibrox has lost its touch!! The club dont help this at all! They cant even play decent pre match music to try and excite the fans.

As you say Gav, the purchase of a ST is to cover Celtic games.

I only go to see the Rangers!

But Smith has drained the heart and soul out of me and i dont get a buzz anymore going to the games. the only reason i renewed my book this season is that I take my nephew with me and hed be gutted if we didnt go. I took him to his first game when he was five and made a real effort to make sure he supported Rangers (his mum is a die in the wool tim!)

now my son has started comming with me too and he actually enjoys it so They will be the reasons If i decide to renew.

Smiths negative tactics though drive me to tears. Most days its a real chore going to the games given i do a full shift at work most saturdays and make a real effort to get there, only to wish i was back at my work.

It was as it happens. It was a far more positive team than weve been used to in recent games and the substitutions were productive too. We got a wee scare when killie scored but full credit to the team who upped a gear and played some pretty decent football and had us in the driving seat in no time at all.

dont expect to much correspondance from the Anti Miller/Boyd brigade tonight craig as they will be too busy eating shovelfulls of humble pie. Miller especially took his goals very well.

Only gripe today was that papac seemed hell bent on not passing the ball to Fleck today. He did the boy a real disservice and i hope its picked up on.

Expect to see a lot more of Aaron too. theres no way they can keep him out of the starting Eleven for much longer.

And i reckon hes a better bet than Fleck at the minute.

I also have a sneaking feeling that McCoist was in charge of te team today and not old grumpy knickers!

Good to hear it was better stuff to watch.

Wonder why Papac didnt want to pass to Fleck ? Strange. Would be interested in seeing Fleck on one flank and Aaron on the other (as I said in another thread).

I would be surprised if McCoist was in charge though, I thought he was only in charge of the cup games.

Either way, good to see that you actually enjoyed the game today.

We really do need to put teams to the sword, go a couple of goals up and then give these younger lads some decent game time.

Who was at fault for the Killie goal ?

I was at the other end of the stadium but it looked like they got the break of the ball off broadfoot down the wing at the govan / Copland end. They broke free and fired in a dangerous ball across the box and converted.

pretty good goal actually. But it was they're only decent shot at goal all day.

Was talking to my mate last night and he said he's giving up his season ticket next season as it's not value for money for the "shite" we watch every second week.

We both agreed that the primary reason anyone buys a season ticket as Ibrox is for the OF games, then the Aberdeen games and maybe, at a push the Hibernian games. The other games are just boring to watch, especially during the winter months. Personally, when I had my season ticket and on waking up on a cold, wintery Saturday morning knowing we were playing Falkirk/Dunfermlin/Killie/Motherwell etc etc didn't fill me with excitement.

When I gave my ticket up I thought I'd miss going but I don't. I enjoy watching SSN on a Saturday afternoon in the warmth and comfort of my own house. (Fuck, Killie have just scored). I can pick and choose the games I want to go and see ie Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Under the current regime, I can't see myself going back and wasting my hard earned wages on a medocre team who bore me to tears. My mates feels the same!

Does the season ticket holders amongst us here on Gersnet feel they're getting value for money watching Rangers? What would piss me off was being told of a price increase after a trophyless season.

Thought please.

Gazza when you mentioned hard earned cash your post lost all believability.:flipa: