McCoist excited by Aaron talent

Guest Jum Spence

Aaron Niguez showed more last night than the rest of the team put together and it's important to remember that he only got on the park last night by default.

How many more like him have slipped through our net over the years Smith has been manager? How can this young man have been overlooked when so many of those playing every week have shown so little?

I actually know the answer to that question. The overbearing incompetence of Walter Smith.

Edited by maineflyer

Could we even play him on the right with Fleck on the left and Davis in the middle? Aaron is I think predominantly right-footed, so that would give us a half-decent midfield. Oh, I know too much to expect and too obvious with Walter and Ally at the helm. My, I'm becoming as cynical as MF.

Moi, cynical? Whatever can you mean? :whistle:

I'm delighted at what Aaron has shown in two brief outings, I just wish Walter Numpty had as much ability and enthusiasm as the people he either condemns to the bench or fields in all the wrong positions.

BTW I think your midfield idea is pretty sensible.:thup:

Moi, cynical? Whatever can you mean? :whistle:

I'm delighted at what Aaron has shown in two brief outings, I just wish Walter Numpty had as much ability and enthusiasm as the people he either condemns to the bench or fields in all the wrong positions.

BTW I think your midfield idea is pretty sensible.:thup:

Walter use a bit of savvy and try a player with guile and ability.

Are you off your effing rocker son?

He did well when he came on today. Probably better than Fleck, who he replaced.

Wasnt surprised to see Fleck start and Aaron replace him. Today would have been a good game to start Aaron and then perhaps have Fleck replace him. I can see these two alternating a bit through to the end of the season.

What I would like to see is Fleck on the left and Aaron on the right (or vice versa even), move Davis in one and drop either Ferguson or Mendes (Ferguson being the more likely for me).

A midfield 4 of Fleck, Mendes, Davis and Aaron would certainly be attack-minded and we couldn't complain of a negative formation with those 4 in the team.

The one fear would be whether they would be physically capable as you just know that the other SPL teams would look to kick seven shades of shite out of them.