we could be in big trouble

In all seriousness, could you imagine the reaction of the press, if SDM did allow a clued up fan loose on these people (not saying that I'm clued up!)....

First up, if it were me, I'd ban any reporter who printed lies about Rangers or our fans. Secondly, I would challange every negative story printed or reported in the media - this would be done by pointed out facts and done in a professional manner.

With Rangers employing such a high profile PR firm, you think this would be already happening. I'd save SDM a fortune....

Cammy F

I don't think we will ever get anywhere on this with a PR Firm. Not that I think for one minute this was in their brief when taken on.

IMO we need people who believe in what they are doing, this is why Murray and Bain are not able, or willing.

In all seriousness, could you imagine the reaction of the press, if SDM did allow a clued up fan loose on these people (not saying that I'm clued up!)....

First up, if it were me, I'd ban any reporter who printed lies about Rangers or our fans. Secondly, I would challange every negative story printed or reported in the media - this would be done by pointed out facts and done in a professional manner.

With Rangers employing such a high profile PR firm, you think this would be already happening. I'd save SDM a fortune....

Cammy F

Murray's views on the Rangers support can be kindly described as contempt. The only time he has ever, ever come out in defence of something was when it was him personally being attacked.

Fair enough for arguing your point gordy even if I don't agree, that's the best post you've made in the thread. It's just that inferring that good Bears on here are "arseholes" will get their backs up.

For the record "tim" means Celtic to me and nothing else.

I still don't accept that good bears would cause uneccessary trouble for the Club. Anyway, at no time did I call anyone good or bad, maybe they are, I don't know. What makes a good bear anyway, certainly not one who puts the Club at a disadvantage.

What if this incident runs its course and we are deducted points or banned from travelling away. Then the league is lost by a single point.

Happy Days !! I think not.

I still don't accept that good bears would cause uneccessary trouble for the Club. Anyway, at no time did I call anyone good or bad, maybe they are, I don't know. What makes a good bear anyway, certainly not one who puts the Club at a disadvantage.

What if this incident runs its course and we are deducted points or banned from travelling away. Then the league is lost by a single point.

I don't think it will come to that. As much as it's possible, I think points deduction would be a last resort in a long line of punishments which could be handed out. If the club had been on the defensive or indeed offensive (depending on what way you look at it) over the vilification of the Rangers support then we could really be in trouble. However, as much as we despise the fact that the club hasn't stood by us over these issues, their stance of being 'pro-active' in 'dealing' with the sectarian element will prove to be their saving grace. I can't see the club being dealt with any more than a fine.

As I said earlier in the thread, having got away with using every dirty trick in the book last year to win the league, if the establisment team are struggling near the end of the season the debate over points deduction will begin.

One risk for Celtic is that any punishment for us opens a can of worms in the east end. They know they are far from squeaky clean themselves, and by highlighting our faults they highlight their own. When the controversy over the Famine Song began after the 4-2 game in August, Celtic fans' singing of IRA songs was highlighted for the first time in a very long time (when Gregory Campbell MP wrote to John Reid about IRA songs continually being sung at Parkhead).

I don't think it will come to that. As much as it's possible, I think points deduction would be a last resort in a long line of punishments which could be handed out. If the club had been on the defensive or indeed offensive (depending on what way you look at it) over the vilification of the Rangers support then we could really be in trouble. However, as much as we despise the fact that the club hasn't stood by us over these issues, their stance of being 'pro-active' in 'dealing' with the sectarian element will prove to be their saving grace. I can't see the club being dealt with any more than a fine.

Let's hope so.

As I said earlier in the thread, having got away with using every dirty trick in the book last year to win the league, if the establisment team are struggling near the end of the season the debate over points deduction will begin.

One risk for Celtic is that any punishment for us opens a can of worms in the east end. They know they are far from squeaky clean themselves, and by highlighting our faults they highlight their own. When the controversy over the Famine Song began after the 4-2 game in August, Celtic fans' singing of IRA songs was highlighted for the first time in a very long time (when Gregory Campbell MP wrote to John Reid about IRA songs continually being sung at Parkhead).

The one way street has now been obvious for all to see, even the eastenders must be embarrassed, but the can of worms remains only open at our end only. Until murray et al get their finger out or Cammy gets his dream job, I'm afraid this is the situation we're faced with.

Because the article brings into question Mr Dick's impartiality as regards reporting sectarian singing. You can't support that view and STILL have a go at the Rangers fans who are being targetted. It's like agreeing that Rangers are being picked on while doing the same yourself. I really can't put it any more simply.

Both sets of fans indulge in sectarian singing. One set of fans get hounded and reported for it. Are you happy to accept this? Are you one of the fans who thought the mopes would stop after banning The Billy Boys? What have you done to protect the Rangers support, who have you written e-mails, letters to?

It's not a question of denying our faults, it's a question of parity. I thought I had made that abundantly clear.

I think the point is that just because you are picked on, does not necessarily mean you are innocent, or should get away with it - even by your own.

I think we all want parity, but that does not give our own fans an excuse to misbehave to the possible detriment of our club.

I really don't understand the mentality of these fans who constantly give the Tims, the SPL and the media a stick to beat us with on every occasion. It's always easiest to keep pointing the finger at those who are repeatedly caught, and when that happens, people are too lazy to look elsewhere.

It's like two bad kids but it's always the same one who gets caught. The other one is laughing up his sleeve and there is no doubt he is far, far cleverer - and that I think is our problem.

"I'm not the only one" is rarely a successful defence of what is externally perceived as obvious wrong doing.

I think the point is that just because you are picked on, does not necessarily mean you are innocent, or should get away with it - even by your own.

I think we all want parity, but that does not give our own fans an excuse to misbehave to the possible detriment of our club.

I really don't understand the mentality of these fans who constantly give the Tims, the SPL and the media a stick to beat us with on every occasion. It's always easiest to keep pointing the finger at those who are repeatedly caught, and when that happens, people are too lazy to look elsewhere.

It's like two bad kids but it's always the same one who gets caught. The other one is laughing up his sleeve and there is no doubt he is far, far cleverer - and that I think is our problem.

"I'm not the only one" is rarely a successful defence of what is externally perceived as obvious wrong doing.

I don't think they are smarter than us, I just think they have many people of influence at different levels in the game.

Take the man of many colours, he could have been P.M. They don't come more slippery than Mr. John Reid. The celtic board didn't pick him because of his good looks. He probably has an address book full of people owing him favours from his time in government.

This, a man backed who the troops one minute and now works in an organisation who wouldn't even have a minutes silence for the War dead.

And that is only one man. Several irish millionairres also sniff about their club no doubt playing the " scratch my back, I'll scratch yours " game.

The trouble is that the celtic "jolly oirishman" has been well promoted all over the world. They've even convinced gullible Yanks to raise funds for the ira.

The owned and influenced media love those rascal rebels with a twinkle in their eye while depicting us as the nasty bully boys of the establishment and those who see our Union flags associate us with the national front. Thats why they latch on to the least wee thing again, making us look bad and them playing the victims.

As was previously said in another post we must give them nothing to beat us with, however trivial it may seem. ie. hokey flamin kokey. This is what they are capable of, making something out of nothing. I've seen and met some of these lovable rogues who turned out to be very bad men indeed. There is much more going on behind the smiles than we are aware of.

So, here's the proposition........

Do what you do until and unless the willingly offended decide to call it sectarian. Then change what you do to avoid causing further 'offence', until they then decide that what you are now doing is also causing them offence and that too is labelled sectarian. At that point you should move along and find something else to say or do but hold on, they've now decided that also causes them offence and is now to be deemed sectarian too. Is there no boundary to their offendedness?

Wait a minute .... now you're starting to understand that this isn't all it seems. It's not really about offence at all, it's about using the pretence of offence to manipulate and pressurise the enemy into an unrecognisable shadow of himself. It's about winning, beating you into the ground.

So what are you going to do about your newfound awareness? Very little it appears. Every time you changed your behaviour, it was taken as tacit evidence of your previous guilt. You now have form. You have a label and it's not a good one. Your protestations are tarnished before they leave your mouth. You ARE sectarian and, as such, everything you now say must by definition be sectarian.

And it's even worse than that. Some of your own kind are so shamed by their new label and so anxious to disguise and disassociate themselves from you that they are transforming themselves into ............. well, anything really, whatever isn't what they used to be. Jesus, even the willingly offended didn't expect that kind of dividend, that the destruction of the hun should turn into the self-destruction of the hun.

So let's go back to the beginning. How did it start again? Were you really being sectarian? Tell you what, let's play them at their own game, let's get even and call them sectarian too. They say the same things, chant the same abuse. Only no one has any intention of listening to because YOU are a proven bigot - confirmed sectarian. You no longer have a voice at all. The more you protest, the more your guilt is confirmed and the more credence is given to those you offended. You're on a roll here boy. Nowhere left to hide, no one left to listen to you .......... unless you adopt the confessional and join those expunging their own guilt by condemning people like you. You have been FUKKED.