AMERICAN star DaMarcus Beasley is relishing the prospect of two massive derby matches in the space of five days.

Beasley is in line to face Mexico tonight for the United States in Columbus, Ohio in a vital, sold-out World Cup qualifier.

DaMarcus Beasley scores against AC MilanAnd he is desperately hoping to clinch a place in the Rangers squad for Sunday's Old Firm showdown at Parkhead.

There is massive rivalry between the US and Mexico and the game at Columbus Crew Stadium was sold out in 90 minutes.

Beasley was a hero the last time the sides met there in 2005 when he scored the second goal in a 2-0 win which sent the Americans on their way to the 2006 Finals.

It's the first match in the final phase of qualifying for the USA and they want to get off to a flyer

Beasley said: "It's a really big game. We'll be at home to our closest rivals and the tie will play a big part in who goes to the World Cup.

"I have good memories of playing in Columbus against Mexico because of what happened four years ago.

"We haven't lost to them in a while now and have only been beaten by them once in the last eight or nine years.DaMarcus Beasley

"People don't realise how big the USA v Mexico games are. When you go to the Azteca and there are 100,000 people there cheering the other team it is pretty intense."

Beasley, who has put himself back in the Rangers picture by scoring against AC Milan last week, added: "it could be a really big week for me with the Celtic game coming too.

"Celtic games are the same and I'll take all of that as it comes. It would be great to think I could be part of both of them"

Beasley is one of a handful of Rangers players away on international duty. Kyle Lafferty and Steven Davis are with Northern Ireland in San Marino for a World Cup qualifier they must win while Madjid Bougherra is in Algeria for a friendly with Benin.

It will be Friday before all of them are back at Murray Park

Prob best to exclude Beasley from this weekend's game as earlier this season he has shown how the jetlag affects him, he is unable to maintain his standards of play after flying acorss a number of time zones.

Is Edu over there also?