ALEX RAE is backing Rangers to complete a Parkhead double on Celtic this weekend and go top of the SPL.

The former Ibrox star reckons the pendulum has swung in the title race in recent weeks although he is still anticipating a battle royal for the crown.

It promises to be a huge occasion on Sunday when the two sides meet for the third time this season.

Speaking to RangerKenny Miller celebratess World, he said: "Of course Rangers won at Parkhead earlier this season. I was there that day and Rangers played ever so well.

"So that indicates that they have what it takes to go there again and win.

"The huge incentive is there because if they win they go top and that would be a huge boost at this stage of the season.

"Rangers have a lot of good players in their side and if they play as they did last August then they can win the game alright."

Having been involved in a title campaign that went to the last day, Rae is also anticipating a tight contest in the remaining matches.

He added: There is no doubt it is going to be neck and neck.

"I think it has been a very good SPL this year because there are four or five teams who are capable of turning over the Old Firm.

"When you look back three out of the last six championships have gone to the last day of the season so there is every chance the same will happen again.

"There is very little between the two teams and you could see that in the last game at Ibrox. Celtic got a very good victory that day but the game could easily have gone the other way.

"So there is a lot of football to be played and I know from experience how things can suddenly change.

"Because of the nature of the SPL with Dundee United, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell all feeling they can beat the Old Firm on any given day, it's all up in the air."

:rfc:

The pendulum has swung a bit for OF games at parkhead since WS came back - we are now able to compete there again after a few shocking seasons were we were lucky to get a shot on goal. We've had 2 great wins there and IMO been unlucky in the 2 we lost.

So I feel a lot more confident going to parkhead these days, its a big open pitch thats suits us more than them IMO. They have a shocking defence so if WS puts out an offensive team like the last game and has a go at them I fancy our chances

Guest FollowThe People
ALEX RAE is backing Rangers to complete a Parkhead double on Celtic this weekend and go top of the SPL.

The former Ibrox star reckons the pendulum has swung in the title race in recent weeks although he is still anticipating a battle royal for the crown.

It promises to be a huge occasion on Sunday when the two sides meet for the third time this season.

Speaking to RangerKenny Miller celebratess World, he said: "Of course Rangers won at Parkhead earlier this season. I was there that day and Rangers played ever so well.

"So that indicates that they have what it takes to go there again and win.

"The huge incentive is there because if they win they go top and that would be a huge boost at this stage of the season.

"Rangers have a lot of good players in their side and if they play as they did last August then they can win the game alright."

Having been involved in a title campaign that went to the last day, Rae is also anticipating a tight contest in the remaining matches.

He added: There is no doubt it is going to be neck and neck.

"I think it has been a very good SPL this year because there are four or five teams who are capable of turning over the Old Firm.

"When you look back three out of the last six championships have gone to the last day of the season so there is every chance the same will happen again.

"There is very little between the two teams and you could see that in the last game at Ibrox. Celtic got a very good victory that day but the game could easily have gone the other way.

"So there is a lot of football to be played and I know from experience how things can suddenly change.

"Because of the nature of the SPL with Dundee United, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell all feeling they can beat the Old Firm on any given day, it's all up in the air."

:rfc:

Don't know where this is coming from but he predicted the score to be 2-2 on RTV last night so I can't see how that translates to us doing the double over them.