Bolton's Mendes enquiry rebuffed

Guest Jum Spence

And i keep picking donkey's in the grand national.:fish:

Sorry pete, but you're just plain wrong. Any footballer that scores 160 goals in 218 'appearances' (including being brought on as a sub) is something to be reckoned with.

Sorry pete, but you're just plain wrong. Any footballer that scores 160 goals in 218 'appearances' (including being brought on as a sub) is something to be reckoned with.

I can't accept that i am never wrong.:)

Seriously Boyd has an excellent scoring record and nobody can deny that.

It does not make him the best choice for every game though. In some games you need different types of players. An Eskimo has an ice house but it won't help him if he flits to the Bahamas though.:)

Gribz has the most posts on the Gersnet does it make him the best poster.:flipa::)

Hang about...hold the bus!!!!

Erm...actually I currently hold the title of Overall Best Poster for the last year :flipa::box:

You say your not desperate to get rid of him and you call me pro Boyd (rightly) but you are so anti Boyd it is untrue mate

Im just a realist, Boyd is one of the worst 'footballers' ive ever seen and his game effects the rest of the team.

Granted he gets goals but nobody has hindsight so cant say someone else wouldnt have got those goals. There was a sign last week that said:

No Boyd = No Goals = No Title

I couldnt disagree more!! Dundee Utd game just past it was 0-0 and boyd comes off and we get 2 goals plus 1 wrongly chopped off

And No Title!!???????? Your having a laugh!! We have had 50+ titles before Boyd and we will get another 50+ after Boyd! Yet how many have we had WITH Boyd - NONE

I think you have to be realistic Jon, Boyd is not that good a player. He is not going to score that many in the EPL. They don't pay 5 mill for Championship players.

And also look at the quality of goals he has scored for us: the Van Basten volley v Thistle; goal v Celtic with his left foot;headers, penalties, overhead kicks - they're not all tap-ins. I don't care about the level, quality finishing is quality finishing. Some people are just plain Boydist:)

Wasn't there a quote somewhere about Mendes being "untouchable"? I think it was something to do with Walter being allowed to choose a few players who would be safe from sale (unless a really silly offer came in), so he chose Bougherra, Mendes, Thomson, and Davis.

It's only a faint memory though, so could be wrong.