Old Team Photos

Absolutely amazing. 4th from the right, middle row in the 1970 photo is a good friend of mine, Davie Cairns. We come from the same fife town, Kennoway. We worked together for a few years in Royal Mail.

Absolutely top man, we had some great laughs at work and playing five-a-side. He also ran our work eleven-a-side for a wee while.

If i'm not mistaken, it was a car accident on the way to a game(Partick Thistle i think) that cut short his GERS career. Spent the rest of his career in the lower divisions.

Be interesting to know if anybody on Gersnet knows anybody in the photos personally and has a wee story to tell. :thup:

Excellent post CB.

Chris Woods was my idol when I was younger. I loved the way he took goal kicks and to see him again in the Rangers GK top takes me back to my youth. I had the GK top from the 1987 season.

Magic!