Transfer Activity

Dont why everyone has so much faith in Davis. Hes hardly kicked a ball either yet escapes the boo boys. hes another that could do with a spell on the bench.

He's not a right winger though ? Everybody apart from WS can see that...this is why he's drifting in and out of matches as he's trying to come inside.

This is where we suffer from a terrible lack of any natural width....the 2.6m on Edu or 3.25 on Lafferty should have been used to try and find a pacy winger.

He's not a right winger though ? Everybody apart from WS can see that...this is why he's drifting in and out of matches as he's trying to come inside.

This is where we suffer from a terrible lack of any natural width....the 2.6m on Edu or 3.25 on Lafferty should have been used to try and find a pacy winger.

It's a valid point but I do think Davis doesn't do enough in games - centrally or in the wider role.

Plus, he seems to shirk out of too many tackles IMO.

Him, Ferguson and Mendes actually need to do more to dominate games.

It's a valid point but I do think Davis doesn't do enough in games - centrally or in the wider role.

Plus, he seems to shirk out of too many tackles IMO.

Him, Ferguson and Mendes actually need to do more to dominate games.

Thats possibly where we miss Thomson's bite in the central area. We dont really have anyone to put the boot in and go in ugly so to speak in the centre of the park.

This is where I criticise Smith's transfer policy...we have Lafferty/Edu/Velicka/McCulloch/Beasley plus several others all purchased but not featuring.

The manager should really have been buying players for specific roles...winger/good fullback/def mid with bite etc...but he's bought players without actually thinking over how he'd fit them around the players he had or a specific system.

Whilst I want Murray out as much as the next man....his manager for me really has wasted a lot of money since he returned on some mediocre dross. He cant say he's not been backed with decent money since replacing PLG.

If Kevin Thomson wasnt injured right now Craig he'd be the big money departure for sure this window.

WBA and Mowbray were desperate to sign KT....coupled with his crooked agent and knowing Rangers needed the finance....any offer from 4.75 to 5.25m and he'd have been gone.

Thomson getting injured saved WS from having to make some tough decisions midfield wise....BF ended up walking back into the side because of KT injury sadly.

Agreed on all counts my man. KT was probably our most consistent performer prior to his injury and there is no doubt that he would have been very highly sought after, more so than Boyd IMO.

So, in a sense, I am glad that he got injured - dont want any of our players to be injured but this saved us from losing a player who has great potential. Would I rather lose KT or BF ? BF for me - back end of his career, not as influential as he was, doesnt work as hard as KT.

He was by far the stand out player for me.

More than Boyd?? :devil:

Im maybe in a minority here but Thomson hasnt ever impressed me that much whenever ive seen him. He has had a few good games but thats it. Its maybe due to the fact I see selected games and have missed out on him at his best as everyone here seems to rave about him.

He did seem to be striking up a good partnership with Mendes, so as said previously getting an injury has saved WS a huge headache to allow BF back in the team.

RE Davis, he is by far a different player when playing in a more free central role. WS is ruining him by playing right wing. Id rather he sit on the bench and wait until BF moves on than be picked for the sake of getting in the team. Novo and Aaron are our only natural players for right wing at the moment, plus Fleck could play there.

Davis and Thomson are both approx 23 years old so both are long term future midfielders for us and must stay.

Was Mowbray not already rumoured to be lining up a 3m bid for Thomson, prior to the injury.

He was by far the stand out player for me.

Jonc as far as I'm aware we KO'd 4m near the end of the August window and nothing more was said at the time......5m would likely have secured the player in this window with our current financial situation.

Agreed on all counts my man. KT was probably our most consistent performer prior to his injury and there is no doubt that he would have been very highly sought after, more so than Boyd IMO.

So, in a sense, I am glad that he got injured - dont want any of our players to be injured but this saved us from losing a player who has great potential. Would I rather lose KT or BF ? BF for me - back end of his career, not as influential as he was, doesnt work as hard as KT.

Ferguson for me as well is the one I'd sacrifice if we need to sell a player...he's never reached the level he once did and looks to be a player in decline....he's also probably our highest earner left on the books.

Murray mentioned possible contract extension only a couple of weeks ago for BF as he's got 1 year left come May....on current showings he's not worth an extension and especially not on his 25/30k a week.

Yeah, I reckon we'd have sold Thomson this month if he wasn't injured...

Ferguson would probably be the best player to move on but I doubt we'd secure any more than �£1million for him and that's even if he did want to move back South which is probably unlikely.

Whilst I want Murray out as much as the next man....his manager for me really has wasted a lot of money since he returned on some mediocre dross. He cant say he's not been backed with decent money since replacing PLG.

While agreeing WS has made mistakes in transfer market, I think his net spend is about �£3M, which I think is slightly less than PLG... He was about to have a negative net spend with the sale of Boyd.

The money from Hutton and Cuellar has made a fantastic difference.