How could that wee fookin ratbag Eck do this to us? Does he not know he'll be like Britain's 2nd most hated man if he pinches Boydy?

I dont blame eck 1 little bit. he has been away from us for nearly 4 year now and he obviously sees what he did when he first signed boyd and what smith hasnt seen for most of his time here that boyd is 1 of the most lethal strikers in britain. Eck must be sitting rubbing his hands as he knows he is getting a far better kris boyd than the 1 he signed and is getting him for a song.

Guest carmylebear

no matter what your opinion is of Boyd the simple fact is that there are at least half a dozen that we should be looking to shed from our wage bill before boyd is allowed to go. unfortunately it seems that we are more likely to look at the money as opposed to other options and if enough is offered then he will be forced out.

we seem to spend every season building a new team and as soon as we have a chance to make a profit we grab it. maybe if we did not sign so many duds and then pay them a fortune to move on we would be in a healthier state money wise.

I dont blame eck 1 little bit. he has been away from us for nearly 4 year now and he obviously sees what he did when he first signed boyd and what smith hasnt seen for most of his time here that boyd is 1 of the most lethal strikers in britain. Eck must be sitting rubbing his hands as he knows he is getting a far better kris boyd than the 1 he signed and is getting him for a song.

I was exaggerating a bit mate. What would piss me off is that Eck has avoided coming in for any of our players & now - bright spark that he is, has the oh so wonderful idea to grab our best striker & render us practically neutered. Well done Eck. Been drinking that green water down there in Brummy land or something??

Not sure what you are getting at gavin.... my post was merely in terms of who would end up playing if Boyd leaves.

In no way was I comparing ANY of them to Boyd - just looking at the alternatives we have. I would much prefer Boyd to any of those players.

what i was getting at is craig, your saying velicka is in boyds mould but i just cant see what u are seeing i cant really remember how many goals velicka scored at hearts but i don't think he could be classed as a predator the way way boyd is. and while i totally agree with you that smith spent way over the odds in the summer without really strengthing areas that should have been strengthed i dont think that selling boyd can make up for that, i think it would be a far worse business move because we have just through our league chances away and yet again if we are going to make it into the cl we need to do it the hard way.

carldvelle

Youth Team Join Date: Oct 2008

Groans: 0

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember what the Leeds Utd chairman said a few years ago when he was selling their best players."What the supporters have got to understand is that this has brought us economic security in an uncertain market place".

I said this in another thread. Balancing the books come first, even at the expense of a league title.

If we sell Boyd then Walter has already given up on the title, defeatism at it's best, a man who's goal for games ratio is second to none in our league, a man who may be lazy off the ball and doesn't produce the magic in big games however, he will always score double the amount of goals than anyone else in our whole squad.

If it's goodbye Boyd then it's goodbye title for me !!

I was exaggerating a bit mate. What would piss me off is that Eck has avoided coming in for any of our players & now - bright spark that he is, has the oh so wonderful idea to grab our best striker & render us practically neutered. Well done Eck. Been drinking that green water down there in Brummy land or something??

I think you are being completely unreasonable here. Tell me.... Eck was an unpopular Rangers manager in the eyes of the masses (some didnt see him that way and, in fact, take a look at what he did fr our club FINANCIALLY - he was a net income producer IIRC) and SDM sacked him (no matter what SDM says he forced Eck to go) so what loyalty should Eck show the club.

His loyalties lie squarely with Birmingham.

Sorry, but if you want to look for a scapegoat in all of this look at the chairman, CEO and manager of RANGERS - NOT the manager of Birmingham.

what i was getting at is craig, your saying velicka is in boyds mould but i just cant see what u are seeing i cant really remember how many goals velicka scored at hearts but i don't think he could be classed as a predator the way way boyd is. and while i totally agree with you that smith spent way over the odds in the summer without really strengthing areas that should have been strengthed i dont think that selling boyd can make up for that, i think it would be a far worse business move because we have just through our league chances away and yet again if we are going to make it into the cl we need to do it the hard way.

Got you now Gavin.

When I said in "Boy'd mould" I meant a similar type player in that he doesnt do much outside the box but is predatory in the box. Before you castrate me for saying "predatory", I couldn't think of a better word - he is nowhere near as lethal as Boyd.

I guess I would have been better saying that he is a poor man's Kris Boyd. Sadly, it looks like we will be playing as the poor man soon.

Hey, as for Smith and his spending - what he SHOULD have done was simply not bought Lafferty then he wouldn't need the 3.5 mill for Boyd. Or maybe the club would still have sold. Who knows.

But in no way would I be happy to see Boyd go. I agree with you re the league and CL, and that is a short-term view from our chairman.

I actually agree with ascender - this stinks of a fire-sale out of necessity. Are we on the brink of being the new millennium Tims ? (i.e. them being that close to bankruptcy in the 90's and we are seeing ourselves turn full circle into the very same potential fate in 2009 ??)