I'm surprised there are not more happy posts on here as there have been loads of threads on Boyd and 50% seem to think he's rubbish and can only score against the wee teams. There are some calling for Valicka to get a chance and they may now get their wish.

I'm not sure what to make of it all and I'd like to know what the final fee is. If it's decent and we buy a credible replacement for less money then it's time to wait and see again.

I wasn't Boyd's biggest fan but I was a lot more pro than against him. His 18 goals should have answered a lot of critics, but then that's why he's now a wanted man.

You really can't blame him for leaving after never being a favourite with the management or fans.

It does look like we're in dire straights and it makes you wonder what prompted us to buy misfits such as Lafferty, Edu and Velicka and giving others like Daily a new contract, when more prudent spending could help to keep our better players.

However, I can imagine the complaints from the fans if we hadn't spent.

The sale of Hutton and Cuellar made financial sense as the offers were so huge but it looks like we're starting to cut into the bones of our squad rather than trimming the fat.

As a few have said, this isn't about the sale of Boyd, it's the signals that are being sent out. If the footballing world is to believed, then EVERY Rangers player is up for sale.

I am one of Boyd's critics, and I can't say that I am truly uspet that he is leaving (he wouldn't have been first on my list, but hey, there you go) and I was more upset when the likes of Arteta, Albertz, Gazza, Laudrup, Mols, RDB, Tugay, Gio, Numan et al were sold, or let go......

This is more about the financial state of OUR club - it is more to do with the future (if there is one) of OUR club - that is far more important that Kris Boyd (or any other player).

Cammy F

This is more about the financial state of OUR club - it is more to do with the future (if there is one) of OUR club - that is far more important that Kris Boyd (or any other player).

Cammy F

Wholeheartedly agree with this statement, however we are being forced to sell the family silver due in no small part to the idiotic signing policy of WS - this must not be forgotten.

A man i once had huge respect for as a pillar of our club has ruined it.

Does anyone think he will ever be made to answer why he wasted this money?

In other Boyd news, my pal works with Kris's brother. He was told last week by WS and AMcC that he would be sold in January. Boyd, as you would imagine DOES NOT want to leave as he has 2 small children.

- Hutton story all over again

Wholeheartedly agree with this statement, however we are being forced to sell the family silver due in no small part to the idiotic signing policy of WS - this must not be forgotten.

A man i once had huge respect for as a pillar of our club has ruined it.

Does anyone think he will ever be made to answer why he wasted this money?

In other Boyd news, my pal works with Kris's brother. He was told last week by WS and AMcC that he would be sold in January. Boyd, as you would imagine DOES NOT want to leave as he has 2 small children.

- Hutton story all over again

Just for the record, Walter Smith's net spend since returning to Rangers (if we receive �£3.75M for Boyd) is just over �£1M.....

Cammy F

So not only is SDM and the management financially ruining the club but also taking one of those pillars we once built our club on, being a "family club". No longer.

Depressing times indeed.

Just for the record, Walter Smith's net spend since returning to Rangers (if we receive �£3.75M for Boyd) is just over �£1M.....

Cammy F

Okay, okay, its the kneejerk again, but i'll phrase it another way then, if we hadn't wasted (i believe it to be a waste) on those players in the summer, do you think we would need to sell Boyd, Ferguson et al??

Okay, okay, its the kneejerk again, but i'll phrase it another way then, if we hadn't wasted (i believe it to be a waste) on those players in the summer, do you think we would need to sell Boyd, Ferguson et al??

if we had bought players before our euro exit we wouldn't have needed to sell Boyd..............

Ill join carldvelle but not to sure about the railings if there steel murray would probarly sell u stuck to them!

Cant be steel or they would already have sold them.

What will happen to Rangers when/if the steel industry goes belly up

Yes - we are fooked financially - if it wasn't to happen now, it would have to have happened next summer (and it will believe me, more players will be sold off in the summer).

Cammy F