The thing is Pete, until his horrific injury Mols was pretty prolific for us. I know, as a whole, he wasn't prolific throughout the course of his career ( injury withstanding ) but who knows what he could have been like?

But I digress. As Craig says, this isn't about Kris Boyd, this is about Rangers basically being forced to sell their assets due to mismanagement. The assets being the players. Sad, but true.

I totally agree to a point but the fact is on this thread and other threads Boyd is being made out to be some kind of god. All depend on how much we can get for Boyd and who we bring in. Boyd and Fergie leaving is not the problem in my eyes it is Walter Smith being given the responsibility of replacing them.

I totally agree to a point but the fact is on this thread and other threads Boyd is being made out to be some kind of god. All depend on how much we can get for Boyd and who we bring in. Boyd and Fergie leaving is not the problem in my eyes it is Walter Smith being given the responsibility of replacing them.

I can understand any Gers fan idolizing Kris Boyd more than I can understand anyone slating Walter Smith for his signings since his return. If you look at all the signings in detail, he's brought in significantly more players worth having than players not worth having. I'd question the worthiness of the signings of McCulloch, Lafferty & Edu which amount to about 8 million & that's a substantial amount of cash, but all three could actually have turned out to be great signings. Arguably, Lafferty & Edu still might since they're both youngsters who the jury should realistically still be out on.

Totally agree with u shroomz. all i was pointing out was the power of the money men inside our club. if someone said a year before we would get 9mil for hutton lets be honest we would all having be laughing it off.

I know what you're saying. Lets wait & see whether Boyd gets sold or not & for how much. In my mind, if the money men you speak of let Boyd, who's Scotland's No.1 striker, go for less than 5-6 million, then someone must have been spiking their coffee.

I can understand any Gers fan idolizing Kris Boyd more than I can understand anyone slating Walter Smith for his signings since his return. If you look at all the signings in detail, he's brought in significantly more players worth having than players not worth having. I'd question the worthiness of the signings of McCulloch, Lafferty & Edu which amount to about 8 million & that's a substantial amount of cash, but all three could actually have turned out to be great signings. Arguably, Lafferty & Edu still might since they're both youngsters who the jury should realistically still be out on.

Gow,Velicka,Miller(jury still out) Dailly, so that is now seven in two seasons and i am sure there are more. Add to that his crap tactics then i feel the slating is justified.

Gow,Velicka,Miller(jury still out) Dailly, so that is now seven in two seasons and i am sure there are more. Add to that his crap tactics then i feel the slating is justified.

AFAIK, Gow & Daily were brought in for free unless you count any personal sign on fees they received, Velicka wasn't a bad buy as a backup striker in case of multiple striker injuries & Miller seems to have proven to be a worthwhile signing, although I didn't think he would be & also thought his price tag was too high at the time.

I suppose its my time for comment but Pete kind of beat me to it.

Sorry i don't buy the" if Boyd leaves then Rangers will die a painful death." crap.

In season 1999-2000 we never had a prolific scorer but still scored 94 goals in the season. It is fantastic that Boyd scores 30-40 goals but if no one else scores then at the end of the season you only have that. 40 goals. That will never win the league.Wayne Rooney, is not a prolific scorer, Ronald de Boer was not a prolific scorer, Michael mols was not a prolific scorer but i would rather have those three players in the team, than Chris Boyd.

Yes but we cannot afford players like Mols anymore i hear you say but the fact is MM only ever played for teams like Utrecht and FC Twente he was released by Ajax as a youth.

I hope Boyd doesn't leave for the prices mentioned and he has improved his overall game but Chris Boyd is never going to be a top team player.

I cant see why selling Boyd blows the title at all. For me its more about Rangers becoming a selling club and WS wasting money on wasters first. As Craig pointed out, Ok if Lafferty had proved to be a great buy then i can see the point in selling Boyd but the fact is we dont have much more option to play upfront (bar Novo) and we cant afford to buy players - thats the 2 concerning things for me more so than Kris Boyd leaving.

But who knows, it could improve our play, we may get more of a footballer in his place (a fully fit Naismith?) and play better in the final 3rd. Having a 25+ goalscorer doesnt win you the league as been proven since we signed Boyd - yes it helps but its all about the team doing better than any other side in the league. As Pete says the De Boers etc were not goal scorers but contributed to a winning side.

I actually dont think Boyd will leave but kind of think WS wants him away and Brum buying him is getting him out the team the easy way. But if he does go then i hope the club get a bit more as we have to pay Killie with a sell on clause. We should definatly include a larger fee if Brum get up to the EPL and IF he has scored a certain amount of goals receive another payment.

Edited by Gribz

This is madness! What are Murray and Smith playing at?

I thought it was just your typical tabloid bullshit story when I read it yesterday but it turns out to be true. If he decides to sign for Birmingham then the league is over!

Gribz, I have to disagree with you about Mols, his scoring record for us was fantastic. As for de Boer, he chipped in with his fair share of goals and there's no one in our current squad who can do that with the exception of Kenny Miller if he stops missing easy chances.

I don't think Boyd is good enough for the EPL, he'll struggle to score.

I will wait and see but if this happens and we sell our best players and replace them with nothing better (or more likely probably nothing) then the fans have to unite and do something against this repugnant chairman of ours. If he does not leave soon I am thinking for the first time since I have been going to watch our famous team not to bother going back as I don't see the point with him in charge if this is road he is taking us down!!!