Can Villa win the league?

MON was asked this at the weekend and he avoided the question. Then Andy Gray was asked yesterday on talksport and said its not impossible.

But the way Villa are playing and with the attacking options they have are they serious contenders? The others are dropping more points than normal with Chelsea's home form being poor. They normall get between 86-96 points but almost at the half way stage none of them are at 40 yet, so the title could be won with maybe 80 points this season.

If Villa keep winning against the other teams which they are doing and just look after themselves then there is no reason why they cant be considered! Keeping players fit is important as they have a smallish squad.

In a word - no.... :-)

However, MON is doing a fantastic job at Villa and has assembled a great team with some very promising youngsters. They can split the top 4, but Chelsea and Man Utd will have too much for them over the course of the season.

Cammy F

In a word - no.... :-)

However, MON is doing a fantastic job at Villa and has assembled a great team with some very promising youngsters. They can split the top 4, but Chelsea and Man Utd will have too much for them over the course of the season.

Cammy F

Agree totally Cammy. He has done a great job and the unpredictability of Arsenal could let them take 4th place. Great squad, pace and work ethic it seems.

Sorry for the gooners here but Villa seem a more stable unit ATM.

The next game Villa v Arsenal will say a lot in the bid for top 4. If Villa can win that they would be odds on.

I still wouldnt rule Villa out of finishing top 3, they are winning most of there others games and the others are all dropping points.

If they get 1 or 2 more good signings in January then who knows!

• 1 month later...

Villa still in there with another great away win at Blackburn.

They must be kicking themselves at drawing with Wigan at home last weekend where they could have scored 5. Those 2 points would have really put them in it as Man U cant win every week.

Ireally can't envisage Villa winning the Prem but I would have said that earlier in the year about them getting a Top 4 finish, which looks almost gaurenteed at this point. Chelsea and Liverpool still look vulnerable to dropping unexpected points especially the Blues so Villa could even finish top 3. Much as it sticks in my throat you have to hand it to O'Neill he's done a fantastic job down there

Ireally can't envisage Villa winning the Prem but I would have said that earlier in the year about them getting a Top 4 finish, which looks almost gaurenteed at this point. Chelsea and Liverpool still look vulnerable to dropping unexpected points especially the Blues so Villa could even finish top 3. Much as it sticks in my throat you have to hand it to O'Neill he's done a fantastic job down there

If they won last week against Wigan then id be considering them, but if West Ham get something today if keeps them close. Man U will drop a few points and Villa just have to keep on winning.

Have to say id like to see it. As long as Liverpool dont win it i dont care though :)

Have to say id like to see it. As long as Liverpool dont win it i dont care though :)

Haha predictable :box:

It really is hard to call at the moment. I still think Manu will win the league and Liverpool 2nd (their own doing) and think Villa may well pip Chelsea to 3rd. The game between the 2 of them in two weeks could make a huge impact on 3rd and 4th spot.