Arsenal v Liverpool

Just seen the hghlights from MOTD, how anyone can dispute Adebayor deserved to be sent off is beyond me! 2nd booking he led studs up and followed with an arm!

I dont think he deserves his first booking while there was others persistant fouling yet this was his first offence.

Howard Webb is the top ref in the country, ive thought that for ages but he is following previous 'best refs' by going down hill once they reach the top. Clattenburg was top for a while but he turned absolutely terrible and now is banned. Webb has had 2 stinkers the last times ive saw him now.

To me, Liverpool dropped 2 points yesterday.

And thats why they wont win the league!! :flipa:

Chelsea have a toughy tonight at Everton, and if they dont win either then Man U will be rubbing there hands at games in hand against Wigan and Fulham!!

Agree with this too Cammy. Only one team in the 2nd half but Arsenal were more solid down to 10 men wich often happens.

To me, Liverpool dropped 2 points yesterday.

Have you watched the 2nd half or have you just watched the highlights ? It was all Liverpool at the start of the 2nd half but once Adebayor was sent off Arsenal were the better team. Then Liverpool had another good spell with about 15 mins to go.

Far from only one team in it.

Take your Liverpool tinted specs off about Adebayor too. I won't deny that he could have been sent off for it but I thought it was very harsh. He was in no way trying to come over the top of the ball and going for the player. He was coming over the top of the ball to then shield it from the player. And your whole "he followed with his arm" statement is nonsense IMO - he didn't attempt to hit the player with his arm - he was shielding the ball and balancing. Actually, the full back could just as easily have been booked for going to ground like a sack of spuds on what was no more than minimal contact.

Well Liverpool remain top for Christmas after Chelsea drew again. Unbelievably Arsenal are still in the title hunt again aswell but have a lot of work to do!

Man Utd could have asked for a better weekend, thats 2 in a row where only Villa from the top 5 pick up points (despite Man U not playing).

If 1 of these teams can win 3 in a row they could see themselves open up a gap.

If i was a betting man id be backing Man Utd for 3 in a row!