Arsenal v Liverpool

Honestly Jon, Liverpool sat back nd defended for the remaining 25+ minutes that were left after Adebayor got sent off. Couple that with the fact that Fabregas went off at HT, Liverpool should've just gone for it 2nd half. I'd be a bit disappointed if I was a Liverpool fan.

Am recording MOTD so will watch it at home in the morning. 1st half looked pretty good but as I say, thats all I saw.

If what you say is true, then very disappointed Liverpool didn't go for the game. Still not beaten by any of the top '4' though....

It was looking ominous for Arsenal until they went down to 10 men when they came into it more. :confused:

Gerrard trying to dive for another penalty. Much as he is to be admired for his ability, he is quite a distasteful cunt when it comes to cheating and yet this rarely mentioned. One of the biggest cheats in European football.

It was looking ominous for Arsenal until they went down to 10 men when they came into it more. :confused:

Gerrard trying to dive for another penalty. Much as he is to be admired for his ability, he is quite a distasteful cunt when it comes to cheating and yet this rarely mentioned. One of the biggest cheats in European football.

He did dive but that could easily have been given because Gallas came across him.

Adebayor shouldnt have walked IMO. The ref was woeful.

Two decent goals. I thought Keane finished his excellently but I thought RvP's was the better goal, the way he brought it down, changed direction and then slotted home was sublime.

Edited by craig

He did dive but that could easily have been given because Gallas came across him.

Adebayor shouldnt have walked IMO. The ref was woeful.

Two decent goals. I thought Keane finished his excellently but I thought RvP's was the better goal, the way he brought it down, changed direction and then slotted home was sublime.

The ref "could have given it" as ref's are frequently wrong. WOuld be a scandal imo. Good defending got his body between attacker and ball fairly, Gerrard didn't have the pace to get by him and launched himself into the box.

Agree with the other points tho. Well not sure which was the better goal, but both class.

I think the difficulty level makes Keane's the better goal. He had no real sight of the ball until it came over his shoulder. It was all about judging where the ball would land. van Persie's was great movement but he had full vision of the ball and time to think. Both excellent goals though.

I think the difficulty level makes Keane's the better goal. He had no real sight of the ball until it came over his shoulder. It was all about judging where the ball would land. van Persie's was great movement but he had full vision of the ball and time to think. Both excellent goals though.

Disagree Pete - the ball for both goals were very similar. The difference for me was that Keane had no-one between him and goal whilst RvP had two players around him, his first touch was excellent, his 2nd which changed direction was the ONLY touch he could make to even get a shot off and then the shot itself was very classy too.

Not taking anything away from Keane's goal though, cracking finish.

2 awesome goals.

Van Persie's technique was ala Bergkamp and he was under pressure from the defender but still finished it superbly.

Keanes was stunning as it was 100mph break and he had a fraction of a second to hit it right which he did.

Arsenal are just too frustrating. If they could get almost near there strongest team out weekly then they would be winning more games. Rosicky, Walcott and Nasri havent been in the same team yet. And now Fabregas is next with an injury and out for 3 weeks. There next line of players like Diaby, Denilson, Song and Eboue are good talents but just not proven enough to match the top. Thats why Wenger should have signed another big name or 2. Id say Gilberto is a huge miss this season more than Flamini and Hleb. If they had him sitting infront of the defence it would have made a huge difference.

Villa away on Boxing day - Could be a cracking game

Just seen the hghlights from MOTD, how anyone can dispute Adebayor deserved to be sent off is beyond me! 2nd booking he led studs up and followed with an arm!

Gerrard should have scored after they equalised but foot was up (maybe asking too much)

Only one team looked like winning it in the 2nd half, from the highlights. Wasted opportunity for Liverpool IMO