JCD Transfer... Official.

JEAN CLAUDE DARCHEVILLE admits he'll always be a Rangers fan after he agreed to leave the club and sign a deal with Valenciennes.

The striker has ended his time at Ibrox and will return to France on January 1, where he'll team up with former Light Blues hitman Filip Sebo at the Ligue 1 outfit.

Darcheville, 33, enjoyed a productive first season in Glasgow as he notched 15 goals in all competitions, including a Hampden winner against Hearts that sent Rangers to the League Cup final.

His penalty against Stuttgart in the opening Champions League group stage fixture earned his side three European points before a late miss against Lyon in the final group game inadvertently led to the incredible UEFA Cup campaign.

Darche's Euro highlight came in Lisbon when he got on the end of Steven Davis' cross to put Gers ahead in the second leg of their quarter final with Sporting.

Competition for forward positions this season meant the popular Frenchman started only seven games for Walter Smith.

His final goal came against Aberdeen at Ibrox on November 22 and now he has officially cut his ties with the club but will always have a place in his heart for Gers.

He said: "It is a difficult moment for me to leave Rangers because I played for a year and a half here and I was very happy in Glasgow.

"I had a good relationship with the staff, my manager and the fans but I need to play football.

"It will be good to go back to France because I'll be able to see my family there but I really enjoyed playing for Rangers.

"It was one of the highlights of my career and last year was my best season because we won two cups and I scored lots of goals.

"It was a disappointment to lose the SPL in the last game and lose the UEFA Cup final but I can't forget what happened as there were still a lot of good memories.

"It has been a special time. I have good friends here who I can call when I leave and I'll always be a Rangers fan."

Any word of a fee being involved?

That's what is concerning me now, in relation to the debate in another thread regarding gettin fees for fringe players.

The fact that none has been mentioned yet worries me.

Though �£20k off the wage bill for a misfiring striker is welcome.

That's what is concerning me now, in relation to the debate in another thread regarding gettin fees for fringe players.

The fact that none has been mentioned yet worries me.

Though �£20k off the wage bill for a misfiring striker is welcome.

I am sure it was reported a few days ago he was on a free transfer if he could find a club. Six months of wages is also a lot of money.

Thought JCD was a good player last season but think we have done the right thing moving him on as he couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo this season , but i wish him all the best at Valenciennes along with Super Sebo , Cheers for the memories Darch , once a Ranger always a Ranger :)