Supporters' Representation - Your Opinions Analysed

But you're still a member. ;)

Do you think it would change anything if I wasn't?

Besides, I happen to think a Supporters Trust is exactly what should be the focal point of supporters' representation. I still think the Trust is the natural and best vehicle - but I also happen to think it has long been hijacked by people who manage to combine self-interest and incompetence with astonishing consistency.

Do you think it would change anything if I wasn't?

Besides, I happen to think a Supporters Trust is exactly what should be the focal point of supporters' representation. I still think the Trust is the natural and best vehicle - but I also happen to think it has long been hijacked by people who manage to combine self-interest and incompetence with astonishing consistency.

I too am a life member. In the survey I selected "non-active". When I first joined the RST I had high hopes for it achieving true fan representation. Sadly that got undone by what seemed no more than ego and selfishness. I am saddened because, like you, I still think the Trust is the appropriate mechanism for fan representation.

Hey Frankie - maybe there are a large number of RST members completing the survey due to the 10 accounts I paid for folks last year ;) :devil:

Conclusions

I think it is safe to conclude from the survey that generally Rangers supporters are rather unhappy with what is on offer in terms of supporters� representation.

Maybe that should read 'Gersnet members (who could be bothered to fill out the survey)'. Otherwise it does seem to draw some interesting conclusions. Didn't realise there were so many RST members on here. Maybe I shouldn't have been bad mouthing them so much :eek:

Mate,

The survey was posted on the main site (and NewsNow) so it wasn't limited to Gersnet members.

Another site has also posted the survey with nearly 50 responses over the last day - the answers being pretty similar so far.

Mate,

The survey was posted on the main site (and NewsNow) so it wasn't limited to Gersnet members.

Another site has also posted the survey with nearly 50 responses over the last day - the answers being pretty similar so far.

Out of interest, were all other sites invited to run the survey. If not, why not and which ones were not asked? If they all were invited to participate, did any refuse and if so, which ones and were any reasons given?

Maybe that should read 'Gersnet members (who could be bothered to fill out the survey)'. Otherwise it does seem to draw some interesting conclusions. Didn't realise there were so many RST members on here. Maybe I shouldn't have been bad mouthing them so much :eek:

I was a member. Not sure if my membership is still valid. Like Craig and MF I was severly disappointed in what happened with the trust and am no longer supportive of it at all. So I wouldn't worry yourself. More than welcome to hold your own opinions in any case.

Out of interest, were all other sites invited to run the survey. If not, why not and which ones were not asked? If they all were invited to participate, did any refuse and if so, which ones and were any reasons given?

That made me smile, don't know why!!

MF:

Nope, not all other sites were invited to run it. But they are more than welcome to take the questions and do so if they like. I'd have hoped most people would have seen the survey when it was released on NewsNow and taken part that way but appreciate that's definitely not an ideal solution to ensure maximum take-up.

I asked RM yesterday because I use that site on a daily basis. I don't really use any other site nowadays (although I still read Gersforums and FF occasionally) so didn't approach them for input. I'm doubt those two sites would have been interested anyway.

Like I say, other sites are more than welcome to ask the same/similar questions and submit their answers to me if they want them collated together with the Gersnet/RM results.