The Rat race/ Who is next???

With the current trend of sacking in football management continuing at a vast rate of knots, theres never been a time like this in football which has seen respected managers get the bullet within months of taking a new job.

It was most evident when Juande Rmos was courted from the succesful side Seville for Tottenham Hotspur and within months was bulleted, only to be snapped up by Real Madrid.

That episode just shows how rediculous the whole situation is in England.

Here are some of the other favourites that may be next for the sack...

Mark Hughes... has had had no wins in his last 8 games. When you think that he was charged with leading Man City to the champions league through at least a top 4 finish when the Dubai syndicate tookover, something is telling me that the syndicate are getting itchy feet and won't hesitate to pull the trigger if needed.

With Man City about to spend an unprecedented amount of cash to further their position, i am feeling that they will be tempted to cannon Hughes and bring in someone else BEFORE xmas.

Tony Mowbary... West Brom have spiralled to the bottom of the Premiership and are looking in an unasailable position. Mowbarys determination to try and play free-flowing attacking football is commendable but is the either the work of a genius or a madman. And given their bottom position you have to say its the work of the latter. Another who could go BEFORE xmas.

Joe Kinnear...He is a temp anyway, but there is a slight feeling on tyneside that he could go if his indiscipline problems continue. He has already had a fallout with Daily Mail reporters, had a few bouts with match officials and generally acted like a prize plum. Maybe thats the way he trys to show how much he cares for the position. But one things for sure, as soon as Mike Ashleigh finds a buyer for Newcastle, Kinnear is a goner.

Gianfranco Zola... Lowly West Ham are finding it hard to settle in with Zola and break into the top half of the table. He has only just taken up the reigns at the Hammers but because of his inexperience some think he'll never do a great job anyway for West Ham.

I think he'll get until the end of the season to show what he can do. But the West Ham heirarchy is notoriasly trigger happy when it comes to firing managers.

Tony pulis... Stoke have had some brilliant results for a team many think should be in the Championship still. But Pulis' position will depend on wether the chairman believes Pulis can maintain the team above the relegation slots, and the reality that the Premiership for Stoke should only ever be one season and some great experience for a side that are a championship side at best. However, Pulis has got this side playing out their skins and i hope that alone will save his position for now.

Gareth Southgate... He has got one thing going for him that most of the others dont. The fact that the 'Boro chairman is extremely loyal to his managers. But that doesnt detract from the fact that Southgate has never really moved on from when he got the job without the proper coaching badges. He now has them but it hasn't helped him move boro up the league and the fans are getting a bit tired of Southgate and his run of poor results. Last week saw them gain a valuable point against Arsenal, but their general inconsistency means that Southgate could get the bullet soon.

Gary Megson... Bolton fans were for the most part disapointed with the appointment of Megson because he doesn't have the cv of a manager that moves teams on from lower positions. He has made some shrewd tranfers with the purchase of Johan Elmader from Toulouse for 10m, but they are still in the lower half of the league. So, one more set of bad results could make up the Bolton boards minds up.

Arsene Wenger... it may be unthinkable because of his vast experiences with Arsenal, but this has been perhaps his most criticised season yet. If Arsenal don't make an incredible run in the next few months then yet another league championship will go by without a decent Arasenal challenge. That may be just too much to bear for a team that need more finance due to the spanking new stadium the moved into. The big question is though, will Wenger be able to lift his team to challenge for anything in the last part of the season?

Mowbray for me and I won't be sorry to see it! Gareth Southgate's an interesting one though. He's never really improved M'Boro since he took over imo and they are generally an awful side to watch nowadays. Good Chairman and decent fan base so I think someone else could do a better job with the resources

The thing with Middlesboro is that the chairman backs his manager all the time even if they're threatened with relegation. He stuck by Robson when he took them to the drop with the likes of Juninho, Ravanelli and Emerson in the team. I can't see him sacking Southgate as he's doing a better job than Robson.

As for Mowbray, I like him. Yes he played for the mopes but I enjoy watching his teams play.

I think Hughes will go.

Zola would have started to get pressure but the Hammers put in a good performance at Chelsea last weekend which will give him another few weeks.

The 1 you havent mentioned that I can see if Scholari at Chelsea. I just get the feeling he wont be there long term.