Walter Smith is prepared to shed up to 10 players

As we all know cal, playing in the '' best league in the world '' and earning big money is the attraction

Not sure if you're being serious or not but get gubbed while playing in the best league in the world just seems like an idyll boast. Money-wise is a different story but I think Rangers will probably compete with the lower half of the EPL, especially post-relegation.

I still question this "best league in the world" status. England have only just topped the UEFA rankings and it's obviously ONLY to do with money. There are still a lot of very dull teams and games.

I actually now kind of see it as a "Mickey Mouse" league where everything is artificial like Disneyland. Glitzy, glamorous, very exciting for some, but in all essence, completely fake.

Not sure if you're being serious or not but get gubbed while playing in the best league in the world just seems like an idyll boast. Money-wise is a different story but I think Rangers will probably compete with the lower half of the EPL, especially post-relegation.

I still question this "best league in the world" status. England have only just topped the UEFA rankings and it's obviously ONLY to do with money. There are still a lot of very dull teams and games.

I actually now kind of see it as a "Mickey Mouse" league where everything is artificial like Disneyland. Glitzy, glamorous, very exciting for some, but in all essence, completely fake.

I am completely joking, I am in agreement with you. Why some players,{Cousin}, would rather get humped most weeks instead of playing european football every season is purely down to money

Yep, you are :devil:

Seriously though, I know what you are saying - I still play both 5's and 11's and it is much more enjoyable being competitive, even if not winning trophies, than getting pumped every week.

That said, for the most part in 5's, if I am in a poor team I have added motivation to do well given I will be one of the better players - until that is, the poorer players coupled with better opponents, have you getting royally pumped - then it becomes very dmeotivational !

I think we'd have enjoyed the 5's more if there was a vets league. I don't mind getting beat by better players, but when you just can't hope to compete in fitness and speed, it just makes you feel old. It's not like you can just do more training to catch up...

We've decided now just to get 10 of us together and play each other every week, rather than play in a league.

Yes, but an SPL without Rangers and Celtc would only be competitive for a while - 2 or 3 clubs (Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen) would then become the big 3, attracting the best players, winning all the trophies and attracting the crowds. All leagues are the same the world over, only really going to be 2 or 3 clubs likely of winning the league every season.

Cammy F