Walter Smith is prepared to shed up to 10 players

Humour is in remarkably short supply around here mate - these are serious dudes who mean to be taken seriously. The land of the indignant put-down.:D

Coming from the man that lives in a house with no mirrors... :fish:

Nothing indignant about your put downs old boy. More like a four by two administered to the bridge of the nose on a cold day.:D

And welcome back.

"old boy" ? Right... time for the Grecian 2000 me thinks !!

Eh? It's a long time since we didn't qualify for Europe. John Grieg was manager at the time.

There aren't that many teams in Europe that can offer European football sooner than we can.

And if sooner is better then we'd be better finishing second in the SPL, which doesn't make sense.

You may be jesting but the joke is just too inaccurate to work for me...

I was meaning in the immediate term. If he is to go in January, we won't be in the position to offer him European football so the Premiership might seem more immediately appealing. Had it been the last couple of years where we went into the New Year with European football still on the go, that would surely have been a selling point.

Fair enough, but when you think about it, we don't often play that many games after Christmas in Europe anyway. And it's only 8 months before we start again.

I still can't really see the attraction of playing for the likes of Blackburn and being thrashed by Man U or Chelsea as well as struggling against a bunch of mediocre teams, over winning the SPL with Rangers and have a half decent run in Europe.

I think struggling in the bottom half of the Prem is way over rated by some.

Fair enough, but when you think about it, we don't often play that many games after Christmas in Europe anyway. And it's only 8 months before we start again.

I still can't really see the attraction of playing for the likes of Blackburn and being thrashed by Man U or Chelsea as well as struggling against a bunch of mediocre teams, over winning the SPL with Rangers and have a half decent run in Europe.

I think struggling in the bottom half of the Prem is way over rated by some.

As we all know cal, playing in the '' best league in the world '' and earning big money is the attraction

PS A bunch of us who play 5-aside have decided to leave the league because although we win a few games, as a bunch who average about 40, we're also getting thrashed the likes of 17-3 against much younger teams who are much faster and have much more stamina.

I played in an 11 aside vets league last season and we were pipped for the title on the last day and lost the cup final. Although we didn't win anything, it was far more enjoyable being one of the two best teams.

But maybe I'm just a bad loser...

PS A bunch of us who play 5-aside have decided to leave the league because although we win a few games, as a bunch who average about 40, we're also getting thrashed the likes of 17-3 against much younger teams who are much faster and have much more stamina.

I played in an 11 aside vets league last season and we were pipped for the title on the last day and lost the cup final. Although we didn't win anything, it was far more enjoyable being one of the two best teams.

But maybe I'm just a bad loser...

Yep, you are :devil:

Seriously though, I know what you are saying - I still play both 5's and 11's and it is much more enjoyable being competitive, even if not winning trophies, than getting pumped every week.

That said, for the most part in 5's, if I am in a poor team I have added motivation to do well given I will be one of the better players - until that is, the poorer players coupled with better opponents, have you getting royally pumped - then it becomes very dmeotivational !