Kinniburgh Joins Queens

RANGERS' left-back Steven Kinniburgh has joined Queen of the South and could be set to make his debut for the Doonhamers this weekend against Dunfermline Athletic.

Kinniburgh joined Gordon Chisholm's side in time to sit on the bench during Saturday's 0-0 draw away to Division One leaders St Johnstone.

The 19-year-old graduate of the Ibrox youth system is due to remain at Palmerston for two months and will be hoping to gain vital first-team experience before returning to Murray Park.

I've only seen him on RTV, but I thought he was half decent. Perhaps they think the kid Gregg Wylde is a better prospect. Better doing something like this now, and finding out if he has anything, than him hanging around for a couple of years then letting him go. Better for the lad and Rangers.

And MacLean, and McCormack, and Carcary and loads mroe I've missed.

I bet while WS is in charge he won't play a single 1st team game for us.

True, there are more who havent made the grade with us than have.

He is a young lad and as an LB he has to get ahead of Papac and, possibly, Stevie Smith - so it depends on how long WS sticks around and how he develops.

True, there are more who havent made the grade with us than have.

That's because we are Rangers and it takes a hell of a lot to make the grade. We take only well about average players so only a small percentage will succeed.

It's funny that Walter gets the blame when there has been plenty of young players given a chance and been castigated by the fans.

Remember Mo Ross? Steven Hughs? Namouchi? Malcolm? Burke? Adam? Lafferty?

Should we really get all of them into our team?

And plenty of others. So it's no wonder not many get introduced. They have to be exceptional players and have exceptional characters to establish themselves with the fans. It's no wonder no many make the grade and few teenagers get a game.

I can't remember many teenagers becoming the fans favourite in all the time I've supported Rangers. Only BF and Gattuso have caught the eye recently, except maybe Charlie Miller.

So I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

The complaints are also strange as Adam went on loan before establishing himself in the team, and ironically the management gets the pelters for playing him and even go so far as to boo the player!

Sorry but Walter is far more supportive of young players than your average fan.

With Smith, Whittaker and Broadfoot all capable of covering for Papac it makes sense for Kinniburgh to obtain some first team experience on loan...

Depending on Steven Smith's long term future it may secure Kinniburgh's place in the squad for next season.

That's because we are Rangers and it takes a hell of a lot to make the grade. We take only well about average players so only a small percentage will succeed.

It's funny that Walter gets the blame when there has been plenty of young players given a chance and been castigated by the fans.

Remember Mo Ross? Steven Hughs? Namouchi? Malcolm? Burke? Adam? Lafferty?

Should we really get all of them into our team?

And plenty of others. So it's no wonder not many get introduced. They have to be exceptional players and have exceptional characters to establish themselves with the fans. It's no wonder no many make the grade and few teenagers get a game.

I can't remember many teenagers becoming the fans favourite in all the time I've supported Rangers. Only BF and Gattuso have caught the eye recently, except maybe Charlie Miller.

So I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

The complaints are also strange as Adam went on loan before establishing himself in the team, and ironically the management gets the pelters for playing him and even go so far as to boo the player!

Sorry but Walter is far more supportive of young players than your average fan.

I didnt see where I was disagreeing with you - and if you look at my prior post I gave an example of someone who DID make the grade despite being loaned out.

Why did you quote my post and not Gav's, as he was the one who suggested WS doesnt give youth a chance?