Roy Keane Leaves Sunderland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/7764671.stm

Roy Keane has left his position as manager of Sunderland, BBC Sport understands.

Sunderland have yet to confirm the exit of Keane, who was set to give a news conference at 1300 GMT ahead of Saturday's game at Manchester United.

The Black Cats are 18th in the Premier League and have lost five of their last six games.

The ex-Manchester United midfielder took over at Sunderland in 2006 and led them to the Premier League in 2006-07.

Keane, 37, has said in recent weeks that his future may not be certain hinting that he could leave the club.

Their latest defeat came against Bolton on Saturday with the Black Cats losing 4-1.

"I ask myself every day if I'm the right man for Sunderland," he said following the weekend defeat.

"I asked myself this morning, and I said I was. Sunday morning, if the answer's no, we'll have to look at it."

Keane has spent nearly �£70m on 33 players since his arrival in August 2006 including the big money arrivals of striker Kenwyne Jones, midfielder Kieran Richardson, defender Anton Ferdinand and keeper Craig Gordon.

-------------------------------------------------------

Cammy F

They were shocking against Bolton at the weekend and Keane would be thinking another humping would be on the cards at OT on Saturday.

I'd take him as our next manager. He was a Souness type player - a winner!

I'd take him as our next manager. He was a Souness type player - a winner!

No way. He's a scum bag and I would not be back at the club if he was associated with us.

His attitude recently show that he doesn't have it as a manager, and he may struggle to find a ewn club.

Who wants someone as their manager who creates uncertainty when things get bad?

No way. He's a scum bag and I would not be back at the club if he was associated with us.

His attitude recently show that he doesn't have it as a manager, and he may struggle to find a ewn club.

Who wants someone as their manager who creates uncertainty when things get bad?

I reckon he'll stroll into another EPL club as manager.

I reckon he'll stroll into another EPL club as manager.

Not for me (not at Rangers and I think he'll struggle to get an EPL job).

Straight swap for Strachan? GS to Sunderland and Keane to Celtc ;)

Cammy F