Valencia to review Aaron loan in summer.

I'm almost certain that Aaron will have made at least a couple of 1st team appearances before the season is out, but it might not be in league games. Looking forward to seeing him thrown in at the deep end if he does appear in a league game. Lets hope he can swim if that happens though.. :)

Aaron will play in meaningless games at the end of the season when the league is either won or lost which is a shame as he might bring some excitement to the team.

Totally agree Gazza, but should Walter take the gamble or not? If I was WS I would take the gamble, but if it didn't pay off Walter would be getting stick for it from many of the same fans who want to see Aaron play. It won't be an easy decision to make now that we're not in a comfortable position points wise.

Totally agree Gazza, but should Walter take the gamble or not? If I was WS I would take the gamble, but if it didn't pay off Walter would be getting stick for it from many of the same fans who want to see Aaron play. It won't be an easy decision to make now that we're not in a comfortable position points wise.

Aaron/Lafferty?

answers on a fucking postcard.....

He hasnt got anything to lose by taking a gamble. He is gambling with our titles chances playing:

1) An out of sorts and possibly finished Ferguson,

2) a keeper who is too busy checking out birds in the stands,

3) a 39 year old defender with the pace of a turtle

4) a centre half at RB who is a trier but cant take a throw

5) Charlie Adam - no discription needed

6) Chris Burke - ala Adam

7) A 3.5 million pound player who is being called Laugherty because he is that bad

8) A striker who can only score against the poorer teams

We are missing Thomsons bite in the midfield and we have missed Millers work rate in the last few games.

Edited by Gribz

I dont agree that Broadfoot deserves to be singled out there, even if he is being played "out of position" which I would also argue against. Has is inability to take a throw on resurfaced. Indefensible for a professional footballer, though barely worth worrying about with much larger problems to contend with.

Can't disagree with much else though. Point 8 aside but that's a given :devil:

The SPL title???

I agree with points 1,2,3 & 4 btw!! ;)

Are you kidding me Mark ? He is losing the SPL title and he ISN'T taking a gamble !!! It could not be much worse by actually taking one, but that isn't WS's style.

I would agree with #5 before I agreed with 4.

Broadfoot being singled out for his foul throw-ins is a pretty poor gripe IMO. The guy is doing a decent job at RB and I didn't hear too many complaining about him whilst he was giving the Tims the runaround on their own patch. Singling Broadfoot out is poor as he is one of our better performers this season and his all-round play doesn't deserve much criticism.

Not surprised to see the Boyd jibes again - funny that he was getting slated for not doing more than score, his all-round play, first touch etc etc were all shite - now that he has actually shown his willingness to improve his game and looks like he is not a "wasted" player it is back to only scoring against the smaller teams...... and all because he never scored against Hearts. Are Aberdeen one of the smaller teams ? Not IMO - and did he score against them ? Yes.

I think Boyd has been more effective than JCD in the last two games in which they have been partnered. He at least wants to win. But if the service is poor (as it was AWFUL at the weekend) just what can he do ????

If a pro footballer cant learn to take a throw over the space of a year then he should be sent to the U16s to learn. Broadfoot is a trier but thats it! Id rather see him at Centre half first before deciding if he is good enough for rangers but i cant see it.

Boyds all round play against Hearts was terrible. He resorted to elbows. He still looks like he is towing a caravan when running. His level is against Hamilton and St Mirren!

Are you kidding me Mark ? He is losing the SPL title and he ISN'T taking a gamble !!! It could not be much worse by actually taking one, but that isn't WS's style.

Like I said though... I'd take the gamble. I just don't know that WS will, given that he's in a difficult situation now.

Broadfoot being singled out for his foul throw-ins is a pretty poor gripe IMO. The guy is doing a decent job at RB and I didn't hear too many complaining about him whilst he was giving the Tims the runaround on their own patch. Singling Broadfoot out is poor as he is one of our better performers this season and his all-round play doesn't deserve much criticism.

My main gripe with Broadfoot despite the fact that he's performed remarkably well (considering), is that I don't think he's a 1st class footballer & for that reason alone I think we can do better. I won't mention the point in the UEFA CF when he looked like a headless chicken that didn't know which way to turn just before we lost a goal.

I know it's pie in the sky, but I think we need to have absolute quality players in almost every position to get where we want to be.

To be fair to Boyd, we are hardly playing to his strengths. He isn't a commanding centre who'll win 90% of balls in the air and who'll out-muscle centre-halves, yet we persist on lumping high balls to him and negate his strengths. For Boyd to florish we require a Miller type player beside him and wide-men who can deliver quality into the box.

I'm not a Boyd fan, but understand that if he is to play, we need to get the ball down, get it out wide and get decent delivery into the box - if we do that, there is a chance that Boyd will dispatch the ball into the net regularly.

If we continue to narrow our game and throw meaningless and aimless high balls in Boyds direction, we'd be as well with me playing up front.

Broadfoot has done well at right-back considering he isn't a right-back. However, with WS persisting with him rather than playing a natural full back in that area, we are constantly narrowing our game and leaving huge gaps out wide for opponents to expose and exploit.

We can all see where the problems lie, WS appears to be blinded to these problems - or is unwilling to address them.

Cammy F