WS - a truly awful tactician

Bunch of fickle whining women imo. Rangers fans didn't hate Walter Smith's management of the team when he took us to the UEFA Cup Final all of what? 6 MONTHS AGO??? :flipa:

Actually Shroomz they did. Many on here were critical of the way we were playing and that, indirectly, was a complaint about WS too.

Ok, I stand corrected again. Where's ma coat? :)

No need for your coat my man.

Whilst we were ALL very happy at the Euro run we had many on here were still very much concerned with the manner of performance and the tactics being utilised by WS.

No-one complained at where we were headed but MANY didn't like how we were getting there.

I remember being one of a number who feared that the defensive, battering, tactics we were deploying in the latter half of the season would ultimately prove to be our downfall. Some of that also, to be fair, was down to personnel - we lost Beasley, Burke and Naismith to injuries and they were the guys providing width - but we persisted with the same tactics when we didnt have the right personnel to deploy them.

Geez, feels like deja vu !

His fault we struggle to win away from home and play the style of football we play.

Coming back for a 2nd stint in charge as manager was a huge mistake. The fans will now remember him for his time in charge during his 2nd stint in charge which is a huge shame but by constantly playing people out of position he's bringing the whole mess on himself.

I wish he'd just fuck off right now!

I remember him from his first stint that is why i didn't want him back. His second stint is just re-inventing the wheel for me.

Bunch of fickle whining women imo. Rangers fans didn't hate Walter Smith's management of the team when he took us to the UEFA Cup Final all of what? 6 MONTHS AGO??? :flipa:

I absolutely detested Wattys management of the squad during the UEFA Cup run last season as did a few others on the site.