WS - a truly awful tactician

at the moment we have neither but as a rangers supporter i expect the standard of football to be far better than it is given the amount of money that smith has spent.

He blew the league last season by picking underachievers and its the same players who are dragging us down this time round too. We have the personel to do far better but smith hasnt got a clue when it comes to team selection and tactics.

If hes still here next season then im cancelling my season book. And i wont be back till hes gone.[/QUOTE]

Heard a few mutterings from other fans saying the same thing - however, I don't think changing the manager is the long term solution to our problem - until the charlatan at the top of the club is removed, 2nd best is the BEST that we can hope for.

Cammy F

We are in a downward spiral, and SDM and WS must take the lions share of the blame. The players to a degree must take some.

I am seriously worried that we have had only 2 good games ths season. We are easily being out played by teams that are nowhere near us on paper.

The league in my eyes is already over. We have no euro football, so it remains that we have 2 cups to win.

The signs were clear when we failed to sign anyone before the CL exit.

Extremely worrying times.

at the moment we have neither but as a rangers supporter i expect the standard of football to be far better than it is given the amount of money that smith has spent.

He blew the league last season by picking underachievers and its the same players who are dragging us down this time round too. We have the personel to do far better but smith hasnt got a clue when it comes to team selection and tactics.

If hes still here next season then im cancelling my season book. And i wont be back till hes gone.[/QUOTE]

Heard a few mutterings from other fans saying the same thing - however, I don't think changing the manager is the long term solution to our problem - until the charlatan at the top of the club is removed, 2nd best is the BEST that we can hope for.

Cammy F

I could pick a better team than smith cammy, and most of the posters in here could too. As i said the personel are there, its the manager thats the problem.

There is no excuse for the standard of football that Smith is delivering. Its just not bloody good enough and im afraid i dont see it getting any better.

I could pick a better team than smith cammy, and most of the posters in here could too. As i said the personel are there, its the manager thats the problem.

There is no excuse for the standard of football that Smith is delivering. Its just not bloody good enough and im afraid i dont see it getting any better.

There's the rub. Everybody that bothers to post on here has a good idea of the abilities of all of our players, their strengths, weaknesses and most importantly where they should be deployed. You would expect a degree of confusion among fans occasionally as to the team line up due to the fact that guys like Smith see the players training every day, know the intricacies of the game better than the layman etc etc. But 4,5 sometimes more players out of position week after week coupled with clear and consant tactical ineptitude? Unwavering loyalty to CBs at full back when Whittaker and Smith (or McMillan or Wylde or some other natural fullback) would surely benefit from a run in the team????

I've had enough of Walter. I don't know where we go from here but I have a suspicion, backed up by recent media soundbites, that Coisty is being lined up as some sort of post failure "pick me up" after we piss the league away again. A step down akin to the Advocaat/ Mcleish one in terms of managerial experience and general presence. Someone Murray can fill with bullshit promises and lazily watch him burn. Having said that, maybe Coisty could pick the team properly from the decent squad we currently have that is just being used ineffectively, negligently even.

I've had enough of Walter. I don't know where we go from here but I have a suspicion, backed up by recent media soundbites, that Coisty is being lined up as some sort of post failure "pick me up" after we piss the league away again. A step down akin to the Advocaat/ Mcleish one in terms of managerial experience and general presence. Someone Murray can fill with bullshit promises and lazily watch him burn. Having said that, maybe Coisty could pick the team properly from the decent squad we currently have that is just being used ineffectively, negligently even.

Personally, I think we should stick by Walter in the same way that he sticks by the players when they're generally coming under heavy fire (re- Boyd, Broadfoot & Adam to name only a few), but I understand that not everyone feels that way & that many don't feel any love for WS at all.

I think that the plan all along has been to train Coisty to take over from WS & I honestly can't think of anyone with more first hand experience of Rangers & the squad we have now that would be better, so thanks for not being too hard on the guy or the idea of him taking over. :thup:

Id love to be in the dressing room when the team is picked because id turn the air blue and id give full and clear explanations to why certain players would not be first picks in my team, this is turning into a bloody nightmare season now... i love my team and hate to lose but whats going on walter!

Personally, I think we should stick by Walter in the same way that he sticks by the players when they're generally coming under heavy fire (re- Boyd, Broadfoot & Adam to name only a few), but I understand that not everyone feels that way & that many don't feel any love for WS at all.

I think that the plan all along has been to train Coisty to take over from WS & I honestly can't think of anyone with more first hand experience of Rangers & the squad we have now that would be better, so thanks for not being too hard on the guy or the idea of him taking over. :thup:

With respect, it's nothing to do with "feeling love" for people. It's about winning trophies, especially league championships. I doubt if many Rangers supporters hate Walter Smith, just his management of the team.

When Smith goes, it won't be because no one loves him, it will be because he failed to deliver the success needed at this club. As a matter of course, no one from Smith's current management team should even be considered to take over.

With respect, it's nothing to do with "feeling love" for people. It's about winning trophies, especially league championships. I doubt if many Rangers supporters hate Walter Smith, just his management of the team.

Bunch of fickle whining women imo. Rangers fans didn't hate Walter Smith's management of the team when he took us to the UEFA Cup Final all of what? 6 MONTHS AGO??? :flipa:

Bunch of fickle whining women imo. Rangers fans didn't hate Walter Smith's management of the team when he took us to the UEFA Cup Final all of what? 6 MONTHS AGO??? :flipa:

I hated Smith's management when he was winning nine in a row, when he lost ten in a row and from the day I heard he was returning to the club. I still hate it. But I don't hate the man and never will.

And what I did in Manchester will remain a secret.

I hated Smith's management when he was winning nine in a row, when he lost ten in a row and from the day I heard he was returning to the club. I still hate it. But I don't hate the man and never will.

And what I did in Manchester will remain a secret.

At least we disagree again. Phew, that's a relief.

FWIW, I doubt if anyone cares what you did in Manchester unless you were one of the Scumbag spastic coppers battering Rangers fans for kicks.