I agree that some players under WS seem to have gone backwards but, at the same time, he also had guys like Hutton that seemed to improve beyond all imagination under WS. It isnt just a one way street.

But, that said, he really needs to have players who are picked for their natural position. We spent 6 million quid on strikers when it was arguably the strongest area of our team !

TBH I don't accept that Lafferty is being played out of position. He may well have played most of his few games for NI as a striker, but he earned those call-ups by impressing as a winger at club level. The fact is that he is no stranger to the position WS has deployed him in and indeed played the majority of games for Burnley in that position.

Scouting report: Kyle Lafferty, Burnley

He was rank rotten yesterday but to be fair to the lad he's a left footed player who was played on the right wing yesterdat. Not his fault but another baffling tactical decision from an amatuer tactician.

To play a left footed player on the right wing you have to look at a few things.

Can he cross a ball with his right foot.

Has he a good shot? Pulling inside the defender and shooting on the left foot is a great weapon.

Probably more but if you don't have any of these two skills then you are a man short.

In relative terms, �£3.5m is an outlay of almost Flo like proportions. He has to start showing he can play the game or get on the bench. But Walter plays who he buys doesn't he? Oh wait a minute Edu is a defensive midfielder that we could do with on the park right now and he's on the bench.

Read a report recently of a reserve game, couldn't believe this comment...

6. Maurice Edu - Struggled with the pace of the game but did well to break up a few attacks. Doesn't look ready to become a 1st team regular though.

Struggled with the pace of the game in a reserve match, and before he came he was playing for the USA in the Olympics.:confused:

Read a report recently of a reserve game, couldn't believe this comment...

6. Maurice Edu - Struggled with the pace of the game but did well to break up a few attacks. Doesn't look ready to become a 1st team regular though.

Struggled with the pace of the game in a reserve match, and before he came he was playing for the USA in the Olympics.:confused:

I know what you're sayng but the speed of the Scottish game is as fast as a fas mans fast bits and don't we always hear from others to give these players time to settle and adjust? The thing is, how long has he had?

As for Lafferty, I heard a rumour from a guy at work today about him. At his 1st Rangers training session the other players thought the management were having a laugh as Lafferty was so bad. The next day, he was just as bad and that's when they knew he was for real.

Lafferty is still only 20 years old. I think the big transfer to Rangers & the pressure of proving that he's worth that sort of money has made him very nervous & ultimately revealed his lack of real experience. I just hope he doesn't get too much stick from our boo boy mentalists, since that just ain't gonna help him at all.