McGregor made a great save seconds before Hearts 1st goal it was just a pity it bounced out at the feet of a Jagger.

One of my problems with McGregor's keeping is that we seem to lose quite a few goals when the ball bounces out to the opposition in our 6 yard box.

Either our defenders are too slow to react to the second ball, or McGregor needs to work on his technique so that if he palms the ball away instead of catching it, he gets it clear of our box.

The other thing in his defence is that he doesn't have a settled back line in front of him this season.

But having said all of that, I thought it was inexcusable for WS to drop Alexander when he hadn't put a foot wrong. Another inexplicable decision from Walter. McGregor should have been made to wait for his chance and prove he was our number 1.

McGregor DID have a fine save just prior to the jambos 1st goal - however, if he commanded his area properly, he wouldnt have HAD to make the save because he would have come and cleared ball and all men in front of him. It was a good ball in but AM should have come and punched it.

Likewise the 2nd goal - yet again a ball to the back post where he could, possibly, have been more commanding.

Mike makes a very good point - we have lost a lot of goals this season from balls played into the 6 yd area.

And I also agree, Alexander shouldnt have been dropped as he warranted being 1st choice.

I agree about McGregor, he isnt a patch on last season. Was this just a 1 season wonder? And there was rumours about a 7 million pound move to Spurs!

He needs a boot up the ass. And yes there could be a thread about him alone also.

But Ferguson is the captain and hasnt done it on the pitch for a few years now. And im pretty disgusted with WS for bringing him back as an automatic choice. He is getting a game on reputation at the moment and in hope he performs.

We've played poor in 4 games since he returned. And Mendes has went downhill since then also.