20 Years of Sir David Murray - Dominance or Failure

I'm sure it can't be easy taking unfair criticism and wrongful accusations on the chin. I'm also equally sure Murray has had worse things to deal with in his life. It goes with the territory and he's no angel himself.

The article above is is valid, fair and pretty accurate I'd say. So let's analyse the content of that instead of the rights and wrongs of supporter opinion.

I'm sure it can't be easy taking unfair criticism and wrongful accusations on the chin. I'm also equally sure Murray has had worse things to deal with in his life. It goes with the territory and he's no angel himself.

The article above is is valid, fair and pretty accurate I'd say. So let's analyse the content of that instead of the rights and wrongs of supporter opinion.

I wasn't having a dig at your article Frankie. Just speaking my mind with regards to SDM & his current relationship with the fans/support, since I think it's an extremely circular situation. If SDM didn't feel that huge numbers of the support no longer welcome him, he may indeed not want to sell the club at all. He's a grown man, yes, but he's primarily a business minded man & very few business owners take the amount of stick & even down right abuse that SDM takes. It only really occurs in football.

Of course his ego is problematic but it's also the one aspect of his personality that results in action.

I'm also more than aware of his faults - hence the article - but we have to maintain our realism. He's tried to sell the club. No-one is interested. As such, he's going nowhere for I'd say another 2 years at least.

Thus, we can sit back and moan. Or we can continue to apply whatever pressure we can to improve the status quo.

I've no issue with your strategy and for years I've openly advocated direct action against Murray. I agree with you entirely that personal pressure is the only thing that will ever get his attention. However, I've since come to the conclusion that it is ultimately pointless.

Murray will never listen. He's not even vaguely interested in what you or I think and is so obsessed with his own infalibility that his heels will simply dig ever deeper. The decline will just go on until this house of cards collapses in ruin. I see real tragedy ahead for this club. I see nothing happening that gives any cause for hope whatsoever.

So Frankie, if you think that is sitting back and moaning then so be it. But it's not the moaning of a simple malcontent. I've watched in anger and disgust at Murray's mismanagement of Rangers, speaking out against him since the mid 1990's. my opinions on Murray have only hardened during the last decade as the situation gets ever more futile. You obviously know how bad it is becoming and how close we are to the edge at this club. With so many performing seals filling Ibrox every matchday, I just feel I've passed the point where I can see any profit in protest and am becoming strangely fascinated with the impending crash. However, I'll watch your actions with interest.

Frankie, I liked your article btw, although not the overall tone because I'm not sure whether it really does or could appeal to SDM's ego as you wish. [exaggeration]I suppose it kind of depends whether you consider backing someone up against a wall & sticking a gun to their head could appeal to their ego or not. [/exaggeration]

Btw, is 'gallusness' a prerequisite buzz word now? :P

I've no issue with your strategy and for years I've openly advocated direct action against Murray. I agree with you entirely that personal pressure is the only thing that will ever get his attention. However, I've since come to the conclusion that it is ultimately pointless.

Murray will never listen. He's not even vaguely interested in what you or I think and is so obsessed with his own infalibility that his heels will simply dig ever deeper. The decline will just go on until this house of cards collapses in ruin. I see real tragedy ahead for this club. I see nothing happening that gives any cause for hope whatsoever.

So Frankie, if you think that is sitting back and moaning then so be it. But it's not the moaning of a simple malcontent. I've watched in anger and disgust at Murray's mismanagement of Rangers, speaking out against him since the mid 1990's. my opinions on Murray have only hardened during the last decade as the situation gets ever more futile. You obviously know how bad it is becoming and how close we are to the edge at this club. With so many performing seals filling Ibrox every matchday, I just feel I've passed the point where I can see any profit in protest and am becoming strangely fascinated with the impending crash. However, I'll watch your actions with interest.

So what you are saying is that you have absolutely nothing constructive to say and no interest in doing so. You think that nothing can be done and so we should all just forget about Rangers.

Your agenda is now clear - you revel in being the profit of doom and you are rubbing your hands in anticipation for the day you can say, "I told you so!"

To me you sound like one of those clich�©d nutters who walk about with a sandwich board saying, "The end of the world is nigh."

So what you are saying is that you have absolutely nothing constructive to say and no interest in doing so. You think that nothing can be done and so we should all just forget about Rangers.

Your agenda is now clear - you revel in being the profit of doom and you are rubbing your hands in anticipation for the day you can say, "I told you so!"

To me you sound like one of those clich�©d nutters who walk about with a sandwich board saying, "The end of the world is nigh."

That's about as pathetic a post as I've read on this forum. I said nothing of the kind and if you're simply lurking in the hope of feeding your personal irritation and venting your own particular bile then you need to get out more. I simply voiced an opinion on the subject. You really should be able to allow other members to do so without the need for personal attacks. Still, if it keeps you off the streets..........

very few business owners take the amount of stick & even down right abuse that SDM takes. It only really occurs in football.

Tell that to people like Denis Kozlowski (of Tyco (in)fame) or Sir Fred of RBS or multiple AIG CEO's etc etc.

There is plenty of stick and abuse aimed at other business "owners".

Do you have any other suggestions ? Not being adversarial, just curious as to whether or not we have any other way of making SDM fight our corner or show some sign of leadership.

From your above post it would appear that even Frankie's written efforts are futile. And if that is the case then is it merely that we wait until either a) SDM sells or b) the club dies, whichever comes first obviously.

I hope for ALL our sakes that it is not b.

That's about as pathetic a post as I've read on this forum. I said nothing of the kind and if you're simply lurking in the hope of feeding your personal irritation and venting your own particular bile then you need to get out more. I simply voiced an opinion on the subject. You really should be able to allow other members to do so without the need for personal attacks. Still, if it keeps you off the streets..........

LMAO... I think I'll need to turn to the dark side & start being negative for the sake of negativity. :fish:

Tell that to people like Denis Kozlowski (of Tyco (in)fame) or Sir Fred of RBS or multiple AIG CEO's etc etc.

There is plenty of stick and abuse aimed at other business "owners".

Craig there's a big difference between companies making billions & RFC. You know this.