KENNY MILLER is targeting a table topping performance against Dundee United tonight.

The striker bagged his first Ibrox goal of the season on Saturday as Rangers crushed Inverness Caley Thistle 5-0.

And now he is aiming to help his side back to the top of the SPL table with another three points when United come calling.

Miller said: "There is a big incentive for us to beat Dundee United because we will go back top of the league.

"We always have to win, particularly at home, and we have to put on a show. But if we win this one, no matter what the margin is, we go back top and that is an added incentive.

"I'm sure if we go out and play the way we have been doing we'll have no problems."

Miller admits he was pleased to get off the mark at Ibrox in his second spell with the club with a stunning strike to register Rangers' fifth against Caley on Saturday.

He added: "It was nice to break my duck in front of my home crowd. I remember our home games against Motherwell and Kilmarnock. We won both of them 2-1 but could have had far more goals.

"Inverness were the unfortunate ones because the day had been coming when somebody was going to hit for five or six at Ibrox.

"They've got to win every game and we are the same. Our fans expect it and as players we know what they expect.

"This is a big game for us and it will be tough but if we win we will have the pleasure of looking at the league table and seeing we are back at the top."

Miller combined well with strike partner Kris Boyd at the weekend and the Scotland star says he is enjoying being part of the 15 goal pairing.

He said: "It's working well but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter who gets the goals.

"There will be weeks when I get the goals and Kris doesn't get as many but it's about the team winning.

"Obviously Boydy is a goalscorer and is always going to get into positions to do that. You give the big man chances and you know you are going to get goals from him.

"At the weekend we created a lot of chances and got on the end of more through balls than in any other game I can remember.

"I feel we are developing as a pair now. I feel it is working.

"It's easy to say that after the Inverness game when he got a hat-trick and I got a goal and set up his first but I'm happy with how it's going.

"I'm happy to be playing with anybody but I feel there is a good blend with myself and Boydy."