Famine Song Statement

So because the media/police in this country all have an IQ of about 7 and are unable to understand the context of something someone is singing we are to be arrested for it?

Absolute fucking joke.

The more I live in this ridiculous country the more pissed off of it I get and I never thought i'd say that.

Welcome to the Catholic Republic of Scotland.

I've said before that I don't sing it, but I'm going to start. My mate and I are going to the Killie game where I'm sure it will be given aired. My mate doesn't go to away games generally but he's going especially to sing it.

The Celtic Trust intends to report the racist chants of the Rangers fans in which they advised us all to 'go home' now the 'famine' is over to the organisation Show Racism the Red Card. The continued treatment of 'An Gorta M�³r' (the Great Hunger) as a matter for jokes and offensive songs is increasingly being found among Rangers fans and elsewhere. It should not be tolerated and should be condemned as racist and unacceptable.

http://www.celtictrust.net/HolocaustChants.htm

Lumping fuck, the song has turned into the Holocaust Chant

I've said before that I don't sing it, but I'm going to start. My mate and I are going to the Killie game where I'm sure it will be given aired. My mate doesn't go to away games generally but he's going especially to sing it.

Correct BD, I don't particularly like the song either, but I'm fucked if I am going to be brow beaten by the MOPES

I hope you both get arrested :fish:

Seriously, I actually DO hope someone gets arrested. That way someone can set precedent in the law courts on how STUPID this whole issue is and prove, once and for all, that there is NO CRIME in singing it.

It is quite simple. The song is NOT sectarian and it is NOT racist.

The Celtic Trust intends to report the racist chants of the Rangers fans in which they advised us all to 'go home' now the 'famine' is over to the organisation Show Racism the Red Card. The continued treatment of 'An Gorta M�³r' (the Great Hunger) as a matter for jokes and offensive songs is increasingly being found among Rangers fans and elsewhere. It should not be tolerated and should be condemned as racist and unacceptable.

http://www.celtictrust.net/HolocaustChants.htm

Lumping fuck, the song has turned into the Holocaust Chant

The Celtic Trust has nil credibility following their chairman's pro IRA comments.

I'm sure that the RST have been communicating their views to SRTRC.

There is a similar issue that I'm personally working on.

Im with the above lads on this. I dont like the song, and wouldnt sing it, but now this insane threats of arrests have came about id start to sing it if was at a game. And hopefully huge numbers do start to sing in protest at these arrest threats, then we can see if 100s/1000s get arrested on no charges.

We'll also see where the clubs stance is.

As i said before, the power is with the people. The world is going through a transistional period of becoming a big brother state and things like this are a prime example of keeping freedom / democracy when there is nothing illegal about it.

If we show weakness here then we will become vunerable to almost any song that is complained about.

WATP

I hope you both get arrested :fish:

Seriously, I actually DO hope someone gets arrested. That way someone can set precedent in the law courts on how STUPID this whole issue is and prove, once and for all, that there is NO CRIME in singing it.

It is quite simple. The song is NOT sectarian and it is NOT racist.

Think you're right here. That is going to be the only way we get sanity. What does worry me though is I fear there could be real violence resulting at the next OF game purely because of the resentment that has been engendered.

Could someone, preferably the club although we know that is a non-starter, so the RST or similar seek clarification on what law people are actually breaking and are being arrested before. Demand a public statement clarifying this, which would be impossible to do, and therefore show up what a sham this is?