Boyd impressed again tonight

FFS. Does anyone have proof that Boyd is on the kebabs? Any proof that he doesn't work in training? Any proof he isn't fit?

The double chin, pot belly and the fact he looks like he is towing a caravan when he runs gives it away :thup:

The double chin, pot belly and the fact he looks like he is towing a caravan when he runs gives it away :thup:

I resemble that remark. You could be talking about me Gribz - but I don't eat kebabs.....

Did McCoist not carry all those trademark faults too....yet proved to be our greatest striker!

Did McCoist not carry all those trademark faults too....yet proved to be our greatest striker!

Please dont compare McCoist and Boyd again. If Boyd played like McCoist then Id take Boyd out myself and buy him junk food and beer.

I'll compare who I want Gribz!

In terms of goals they are the only two you can compare over the last 15 years or so (Negri apart) so why not? McCoist was my hero, my son has his middle name, he also had the reputaion of being a womaniser, liked the betting and the cheating. I'm not sure how much of that I have heard about Boyd?

Look at Boyd as a footballer, what does he bring? GOALS!!!! Or is that not enough for you?

Not sure that Boyd as ever been particularly overweight at Rangers. Similar to Adam, although with Adam it is more pronounced due to his physique, he has a large build. I have heard Adam, for example is one of the fittest in terms of his stamina or aerobic fitness.

People just confuse a lack of pace or acceleration for being fat/overweight.

Also re: the Davie Cooper story. Your average person would not be recommended to drop half a stone in just 4 days and I don't see that it woudl be particularly healthy and possibly detrimental to performance for an elite athlete.

Possibly but you were putting the blame on the people criticising him and not on Chris Boyd and i seem to remember about 40.000 posts with it is goals that count in it.

Would he have tried to up his game if he did not get the criticism he has now received. If improving his out the box play does result in less goals for him but better link-up play that brings other players in better positions then that will be accepted but if he gets caught in no-man's land and does none well, he will get criticised. I for one don't want a lazy poacher who does nothing else for the team than score a lot of penalties and some good goals in my team, but the CB of the last 2 games would be a first pick.

20 years ago it would be okay but in this modern athletic age it is not acceptable. The ball moves so fast now from front to back that you really need someone who can control and hold a ball up in the forward area. A striker losing the ball is a danger for the defence.

Team game! That is the point we criticise Boyd for he is not a team player.

Sorry off to work can't reply again until tonight.

Goals count for me yes, maybe it's because I played there (Sunday league :drink:) I don't know but it's what wins games nothing else.

Scoring goals in a team is the most important thing is it not (it is IMO) so how you can say he is not a team player is beyond me...........

Nothing wrong with an old fashioned poacher/striker IMO I hope he stays, plays and scores goals for us the rest of his career, even if he became the all time scorer (which i'm not BTW) i'm sure he would still get slagged off by some.....

Id say the league could be split into 3 or 4 levels. But its also tricky to say as home and away games are almost a different kettle of fish altogether.

But going to Tannadice, Tynecastle, Easter Road, Fir Park and Pittodrie are certainly a lot trickier than going to Hamilton or having Inverness at home. If Boyd starts banging in goals consistantly at all these grounds aswell as playing a better all round game then I'll be on the same fanclub / mailing list as Jon and Johnny. :thup:

i'm sure he's scored against all these clubs in his time here and also for Killie so does that not count or am I missing something here?