Drogba is a Diver - Jose

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has branded Blues striker Didier Drogba "a diver".

Drogba has often been criticised for going to ground too easily but was vigorously defended by Mourinho during his time in charge at Stamford Bridge. Now, just over a year after leaving Chelsea, Mourinho has turned on the 30-year-old while also hitting out at Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres and Robin van Persie for the same thing.

Mourinho told feelfootball.com: "I am no longer Chelsea coach, and I do not have to defend them any more, but I think it is correct if I say Drogba is a diver."

He added: "Drogba, Ronaldo, Torres and Van Persie are the divers. Who dives more? Who has won more penalties in recent years? But English football is the one that criticises the divers the most."

Mourinho claims he is against diving but encourages his players to go to ground if they are fouled.

He added: "I hate diving, but I'm not happy if a player is kicked by somebody in the box and he tries to remain standing.

"It's very, very rare a referee gives a decision if the player doesn't go down so I tell players not to be naive, but to be fair."

Interesting to see his opinion if he re-signs him

Nah, fantastic striker who'ed walk into any team in Europe sums him up perfectly :cheers:

Cammy F

He wouldn't walk into Man Utds team or Real Madrids.

Jon, DD is one of these players who dives then rolls about the ground, slaps the ground with his hands while on his knees and looks to the gods for sympathy cause everyone knew he dived. There are plenty of divers about but DD is by far the worst.

Plus, he's just came out and said he wanted to punch a Man Ure players after he'd been stupidly sent off in the CL Final in Moscow.

I cant agree he is the worst. As Cammy said, I think he would walk into any team at all. He is certainly one of the best strikers I have seen playing the lone striker role. The strength he has is amazing for someone thats 'just a diver'.

Take off the red tinted glasses ;)

He wouldn't walk into Man Utds team or Real Madrids.

Jon, DD is one of these players who dives then rolls about the ground, slaps the ground with his hands while on his knees and looks to the gods for sympathy cause everyone knew he dived. There are plenty of divers about but DD is by far the worst.

Plus, he's just came out and said he wanted to punch a Man Ure players after he'd been stupidly sent off in the CL Final in Moscow.

If Berbatov can get into the Man U team, so would Drogba....

Cammy F