Iceland v Scotland

How does everyone think we should line up for tonights game?

IMO, If we're going with a 4-4-2 in a 'must-win' game, we've got to bring Boyd in. Other than that I'd like to see Broadfoot given a shot as he's on a good run of form ATM.

_________________Gordon_________________

Broadfoot___McManus____Caldwell____Naismith

Maloney____Robson_____Fletcher____McFadden

____________Miller________Boyd____________

Maloney and McFadden on the wings is debatable, but as an attacking line-up it does look good.

Iceland wont be easy but we need a win. They drew with Norway away 2-2 at the weekend.

Your team isnt bad but id play Scott Brown on the right and Maloney on the left then push McFadden up with Miller.

In other words you don't want to see Boyd playing. Why am I not surprised Gribz? :rolleyes:

Scott Brown is on really poor form at ATM. He was shocking at the weekend, and just f**king funny the weekend before. We could always go with a 4-3-3 with Miller, Boyd and McFadden.

Broadfoot___McManus____Caldwell____Naismith

____Robson_______Fletcher______Maloney____

_____Miller________Boyd_______McFadden____

Unfortunately we don't have the strength in depth to drop the entire midifeld from Macedonia.

Brown was anonymous, as was Hartley and Fletcher. Robson was poor too. Miller and McFadden were poor, although a lack of the ball from the midfield didn't help. The wing backs did not get forward at all and for all that Caldwell made one outstanding block (a chance he was at fault for) it looked at times that the centre backs had never seen each other before. How many years have they been playing together? :confused:

Gordon in goals is a no-brainer. Harsh on McGregor that Gordon got the gloves first.

Broadfoot should come in for the ageing Alexander who made no attempts to get forward.

Caldwell and McManus are both pretty poor atm. McManus would probably start when all are fit and with Weir unlikely to make the next tournament Caldwell is first pick right now. In any case it would not be a good game to bring in the untested Berra or Barr. We really need a decent centre half to come throug hand take over from Caldwell at least though.

Naysmith is in the fortunate position of having no competition for his spot atm.

Brown was non-existant but will likely keep a place in the midfield, whether that is on the right may depend on the line up.

Fletcher as a Man U player is a guaranteed starter. Time to start controlling midfields. As a regular in the Man U squad we shoudl be seeing much more.

News I hear is Hartley is not in the team. About time. But who partners Fletcher? Brown? :(

Robson usually takes a good set peice, although not at the weekend. Didn't do enough but again will ikely keep his palce due to a lack of alternatives.

Miller is a doubt and I hear wont start. A front 3 of Mcfadden, Commons and Maloney has been suggested.

The line up I have seen is:

Gordon

Kirk Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Brown Fletcher Robson

Commons McFadden Maloney

I would go:

Gordon

Kirk Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Commons Brown Fletcher Robson

Boyd Fletcher/McFadden

The sooner Barry, Thommo, Hutton etc are fit and we can get rid of the dead wood; Caldwell, Brown, Robson, the better.

Looking forward to tonight's game now that school is finished.

The beer's and cider are in the fridge chilling, then round to my mates later on.

Hopefully a good night with the lads and a good result.

Heard Iceland are ranked something like 110 in the world ?? Surely this is an easy win, although they have a big name star called Gudjohnson in their ranks, so won't be an easy game. Hope Burley seen how poor some of the players were the other day, makes a strong decision and drops them.

Is Morrison fit ?? He would be a great addition to the left hand side of midfield

I've heard 4-3-3, how good would a Boyd, Miller and McFadden partnership sound. Even if Miller doesn't make it, put S.Fletcher in his place. If we play 4-4-2 i say we have the players to play that as well.

Broadfoot is a must at right back, sorry Alexander but you aren't good enough.

Two different line ups i'm suggesting are :

Broadfoot___McManus____Caldwell____Naysmith

____Brown______D.Fletcher_____Robson

_______Miller*______Boyd____McFadden_______

* Steven Fletcher

Broadfoot___McManus____Caldwell____Naysmith

Maloney____Robson_____D.Fletcher____Commons

____________Miller*_______McFadden____________

* Boyd or Steven Fletcher

Hope you all enjoy tonight's game, let this be where we kick off from to get through to the world cup in South Africa. Come on Scotland, i haven't seen you in a major tournament, i remember watching the opening game in 1998 against Brazil, John Collins penalty. I was 7 years old then, 10 years on and still nothing.

The tarten army will be out on force tonight, hope they all had safe journeys over and same the way back

All join together, we are the greatest nation in the world. SCOTLAND !