Scotland v FYR Macedonia

It's on Setanta.

Not that you're missing anything! We've been very poor, sluggish and pedestrian. Macedonia don't actually look very good, but Brown, Caldwell and McManus have been awful. Robson looked good, McFadden and Miller have had no service at all, Fletcher might not be playing, I'm not sure and the full-backs have been pegged back nearly the whole half. Maloney for Brown at the start of the second half hopefully.

Brown has really went downhill in last 6-8 months...he wants to play for Rangers!!!

Fletcher is over rated anyway and probably needs Ferguson in there.

BF gets stick for his poor gers performances but he is still head and shoulders (i dont have dandruff) above them

Never even watched it the day, heard some on the radio in the car but it sounded dreadful. I've said before we won't qualify under GB and there's a good chance we will finish last IMO.......

I'm trying to hedge my bets so to speak. Don't want to nay-say the guy until he has had a chance, but I'm not a big fan so far.

Listening to yourcall then Scotland and Burley are getting a bit of a pelting. Was the performance so bad???? After the game burley said we were outstanding

Its a bit of a knee jerk reaction, Macedonia drew with England twice and are a hostel type team.

For me, 3 points out of the first 2 games would be fine....people say 2 draws would be ok, but a defeat and win is better than that.

We HAVE to beat Iceland or its all over already though.

Strange one. There isnt really a reason given other than he lost faith...i dont agree with that one.

We have a strong group of players when fully fit, i honestly believe our first choice XI could be any match to a top international team. On Saturday there wasn't the same passion that was there when McLeish and Walter were in charge. Maybe it was the heat, i hope we can pick 3 points up on wednesday night which is a not bad start and set us up for our home game against Norway

On Saturday there wasn't the same passion that was there when McLeish and Walter were in charge.

At first glance it didn't look too unusual a team selection. The only difference I could see was 5 Tims on the park. One thing Walter and Eck did was try and maintain some sort of balance between the OF players. Add to that the fact we gave those 5 (6 if you count Maloney) a hammering the previous weekend and it starts it becomes clear ...Obviously Rangers are to blame :fish: :sigh:

Burley saying he doesnt have a problem with him and that he's sure Lewe will speak to him about it....

Edit:

Scotland midfielder Lee McCulloch has announced his retirement from international football.

The Rangers player, who won 15 caps, phoned Scotland boss George Burley on Monday to inform him of the decision.

"Lee told George he has been considering his international future since around about the time of the Italy game," said an SFA spokesman.

"He wants to concentrate on club football and getting back to fitness and playing for his club."

McCulloch has missed Rangers' recent SPL matches against Aberdeen and Celtic and has not been called up to the Scotland squad since Burley took charge in January.

There had been reports that the 30-year-old did not wish to be selected for the squad while Burley was in charge.

However, the SFA insist there is no animosity between McCulloch and the national manager."

"He assured the manager it was nothing personal," the spokesman added.

"George thanked him for the call and said if there came a time when he wished to reconsider, he would be happy to speak to him."

Even if he was fit i think he would struggle to get into the team .

Burley had expressed surprise at the reports of a rift.

Prior to McCulloch's call, Burley insisted: "Lee has not spoken to me at all. I have no problems with Lee, he is a very good player.

"He has been injured and hasn't been playing for Rangers and I can't pick a player who is injured.

"I am sure Lee will speak to me but I am not aware of any problem at all, so this is a big surprise."

McCulloch's only international goal came in Scotland's 3-1 win over Ukraine last October.