Scotland v FYR Macedonia

Surprised no thread has been started,unless i've missed it,and if I have missed it........apologies.

So what's all the thoughts on this tricky wee game ?. Can't say I've seen too much of them,so can't really comment,however it is Scotland so as per usual i'm not very optimistic,but if we can come away with a draw I suppose that will be a good start to the campaign. By the way,can someone tell me if the top two qualify from this group ?,or does the second place get you a play off ?.

Just top placed side qualifies.

Gordon will start, but strong in the goalkeeping department.

In the squad crap defence, crap midfield and the forwards lack quality and depth in back up. :(

Terrible, terrible squad not helped by call-offs and injuries. Least I ever remember looking forward to a Scotland game.:sigh:

Doesn't help team spirit when your manager comes away with daft quotes re "limited ability" either.

Tough, tough game cause they've drawn with England a couple of times in England. I'm not very optimistic about it.

Lets believe lads, we have alot of injuries but i am confident of 3 points out of tomorrows game. Remember it's a 2pm kick off live on Setanta or any pub !

I would start with this team, a good few reserve Scotland players in the team but i am more than confident we can win

________________Gordon______________

Broadfoot___Caldwell____McAnus___Naysmith

Brown_____Hartley_____Fletcher___Morrison

_________McFadden_____Miller

Aye, Morrison is out. Get Hartley to fuck too!

Who else would you play then ???

Hartley in midfield and Robson left

Or that Derby boy ?

Or Stewart in centre midfield ?

Always can move McFadden left wing and put Boyd up front

I think a win is possible but i wont put money on it.

With Hutton and Ferguson out it makes the line up weak looking. Is McCulloch in the squad? I know he has been gash for us but his physical pressance in this game could be important.

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Allan McGregor (Rangers), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen)

Defenders: Graham Alexander (Burnley), Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United), Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers)

Midfielders: Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Derby County), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Paul Hartley (Celtic), Shaun Maloney (Celtic), Barry Robson (Celtic), Michael Stewart (Heart of Midlothian)

Forwards: Kris Boyd (Rangers), David Clarkson (Motherwell), James McFadden (Birmingham City), Kenny Miller (Rangers)

What a weak squad. As i said without Ferguson and Hutton we look light. Why is Kevin Thomson not in the squad??? We were on the up last campaign but this squad reminds me of Vogts times.

For me, its really tough between Gordon and McGregor, Gordon is our No.1 but Mcgregor last season should have taken over. But both are about same at moment and Gordon should probably keep him place.

Broadfoot is our only option at RB out the squad - shocking!

__________________Gordon_________________

Broadfoot____Caldwell_____McManus____Naysmith

Brown______Fletcher_______Hartley_____Maloney

_____________Miller_____McFadden____________