Gow Rejects Move

Guest lazyscot

Guest ecosse1

reading the thread carefully I have to say I am compelled to agree with JMS's assertion re the treatment of Gow.

I base my view on the "fact" that I have never been a WS fan.

I reckon in McLeish we let go an excellent coach, one whom if SDM gave decent cash to would have been a huge succes at Rangers, but SDM backed is own "total lack" of football knowledge (proven by the fact he head hunted PLG) and shunted big Eck out the door.

I pray that Gow is an instant success at Blackpool and wish him all the very best.

1. Well he was not offered the same money mate and you either believe me or not.

2.Yes he is, or are you disregarding the contract that both parties signed.

You can either believe me or not. :P

I too have a good source on this one. :thup: Frankie knows who my source is.

On the issue of his contract, are you saying that it stipulates that if he is sold he is entitled to a pay-off?

I was told that he wanted paid off for the full remainder of his contract. is that correct? Surely the contract doesn't say that?

Having given the subject some more thought, I can see reasons as why both my source and JMS's may lie about the situation, so I am unclear about what the actual position is.

However I do believe everything else that JMS has said. I back Bain on saying that he will not get any pay-off. Good to see the club taking that approach for a change, although I suspect it's because it's easy to do with a player like Gow. gharder to do it when it's a bigger name on higher wages.

I think a vast majority of the support believe that Gow should have been given a chance last year. However I have heard that his performances for the reserves were generally not that great, but having not seen any I can't comment with any authority.

I reckon in McLeish we let go an excellent coach, one whom if SDM gave decent cash to would have been a huge succes at Rangers, but SDM backed is own "total lack" of football knowledge (proven by the fact he head hunted PLG) and shunted big Eck out the door.

Why does head-hunting PLG show a total lack of football knowledge? PLG was widely regarded as one of the top young coaches in Europe, and I don't remember anyone with "football knowledge" say beforehand that it was a mistake to bring him to the club.

PLG was a masterstroke on foresight and a disaster on hindsight. Sometimes you just can't predict how something is going to turn out. The odds on favourite can sometimes finish well down the field. High yield forecast sometimes means high risk.

I think SDM should deserve great credit for bringing such a coach to Rangers. He's guilty of other stuff but he was spot on there. He was also spot on in getting rid of him quickly when it was apparent that he couldn't handle Rangers.

Walter was basically an antidote in that he is a low risk but possibly as a result, low yield investment.

reading the thread carefully I have to say I am compelled to agree with JMS's assertion re the treatment of Gow.

I base my view on the "fact" that I have never been a WS fan.

I pray that Gow is an instant success at Blackpool and wish him all the very best.

Fair enough, but you sound more like a Gow fan than a Rangers fan. I'm going to forget about Gow and pray that Rangers are an instant success this season and subsequent seasons. I wish Rangers and Walter Smith all the best.

2.Yes he is, or are you disregarding the contract that both parties signed.

He is only entitled to a pay off if Rangers unilaterally break his contract. Otherwise he's not. Rangers have not broken his contract therefore he is not entitled to a payoff.

Rangers are entitled to keep him on till the end of his contract and let him train on his own and never play him. That would be harsh though.

Demanding a full payoff after your club has found you another job with similar wages is just stupid. It can be seen as greedy and Rangers would probably not allow it on principle ie it's taking the piss.

It seems some people think it's ok for Gow to do what he likes as long as he's entitled to it, but Rangers are terrible for doing what they are entitled to do.

It seems double standards are being applied with Rangers being unfairly judged. Why would fans think unfairly (and it could be said hypocritically) AGAINST the team they say they support?

Rangers have done nothing they are not entitled to, so how are they in the wrong if when using the premise that is is fine to do what you are entitled to, no matter the consequences?

I put it to you that Broadfoot is far more in the wrong as he is seeking a win-lose situation while engineering a lose-lose sitution; meanwhile, Rangers are more in the right as they are seeking a win-win situation.

gow can gtf i think. he can do what he likes with his own contract but rangers could stick him on boot cleaning duty if they liked. or half time entertainment.

who knows what went on - i think by and large smith is a good judge of character.

If as now is slowly seeping through that McCoist and Walter are starting to disagree then our presumptions that Walter has his favourites and will stick to them, may be a factor in the Gow story. Not fact just a grasp at an answer

Yes Walter has his favourites like Mendes. But hey, let's force him to play a player he no longer rates who was derided by the fans when he was signed as a no-name SPL player.

Of course managers have their favourites - that's usually called the "first team".

Gow signed as a squad player and didn't make it, what's the problem? If we'd paid 30M for Ronaldinho and didn't play him I could understand the sentiment a lot more.