Team for Sunday

Guest Mac

Whittaker - Bougherra - Weir - Papac

----- davis ------- thomson

-------------Mendes ------ Lafferty

------ Boyd ------- Novo/Miller

the midfield quartet would be quite fluid, and whittaker could overlap. miller/novo could stretch them, boyd could do heehaw until it falls onto his toe and he stabs it into the net.

i'm glad we're not petty-rent-a-cause-reactionaries like the tims:

Well at least that makes one of us. Personally, I think our support have been overcome by apathy on one hand and the mhedia onslaught on the other to such an extent that you couldn't tell them apart from the 'petty-rent-a-cause-reactionaries' from the east end.

As soon as we missed out on 10-in-a-row the 'tide was turning' for us. Then through the millions spent during the Advocaat era and cash strapped famine of McLeish's reign we managed to win our fair share of titles, but as far as the mhedia propeganda was concerned we were the 'underdogs' to a 'dominant Celtic' ...and the worst of it is that we bought into their bullshit - Not just the fans mind you - The players and management joined in the chorus.

I thought it was embarrassing enough for PLG to be declaring that lot as the benchmark, but then when Walter took over (the one man I would expect to stand up to the ba$$as) and spouted the same pi$h I knew we really had hit rock bottom. The truth (as far as I'm concerned) is that for the past decade there has been very little to separate Rangers and Celtic both in terms of ability and achievements. The mhedia however have persistently painted a very different picture and it seems virtually everyone has taken on board their biased revisionist history sensationalism as fact.

As a result we're on to our fourth manager in a decade (would have been 5th if it wasn't Walter) and we're still complaining, rioting, protesting and generally making an ar$e of ourselves. At least we're not 'petty' though :rolleyes:

Guest sharpayrbear

I would go 3-5-2, i.e

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Papac

Beasley Mendes Davis Thomson Novo

Lafferty Velicka

Pace on the wings both attacking and defensively - give them something to worry about instead of us worrying about them. Would probably not get more than an hour out of Beasley/Novo, so need a change of wingers - Aaron + an other.

I would go 3-5-2, i.e

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Papac

Beasley Mendes Davis Thomson Novo

Lafferty Velicka

Pace on the wings both attacking and defensively - give them something to worry about instead of us worrying about them. Would probably not get more than an hour out of Beasley/Novo, so need a change of wingers - Aaron + an other.

First of all Welcome mate:thup:

I very much doubt if Walter will go that way. That was the great thing about Hutton,we were almost a 3-5-2 when we had the ball and through attacking, he had McGeady in his back pocket. I don't know if Beasley can defend good enough to match McGeady but it certainly would keep him deep when we have the ball. And he would more than match him for pace.

Not a bad shout that actually but the lack of pace from Broadfoot worries me in that set-up. I would have totally agreed if Carlos was still around.

Guest sharpayrbear
First of all Welcome mate:thup:

I very much doubt if Walter will go that way. That was the great thing about Hutton,we were almost a 3-5-2 when we had the ball and through attacking, he had McGeady in his back pocket. I don't know if Beasley can defend good enough to match McGeady but it certainly would keep him deep when we have the ball. And he would more than match him for pace.

Not a bad shout that actually but the lack of pace from Broadfoot worries me in that set-up. I would have totally agreed if Carlos was still around.

The other thing WS would not like with my suggestion - nearly everyone in the team playing in their accepted natural position!! It'll never catch on!!

The other thing WS would not like with my suggestion - nearly everyone in the team playing in their accepted natural position!! It'll never catch on!!

We could put Hemdani in goals then, that would settle that.:)