Team for Sunday

Guest Mac

My team for Sunday's match would be...

--------------------Mcgregor

Whittaker-------Boogy------Weir------Papac

------Davis--------Mendes----Thomson

Novo--------------------------------Beasley

-------------------Lafferty

But i'm not sure about RB, Broadfoot at septic park would be too much of a liabillity, can we trust Whittaker's temperment, Dailly for his experience maybe or will his lack of pace cost us?

Thoughts?

Not sure I would go with Lafferty - if fit then why not, he wouldn't do worse than any of our other strikers as the lone front man.

The thing about our squad now is that :

1. WS strengthened the strikeforce first when other areas needed strengthened before it.

2. Now that he has strengthened the midfield the strikeforce is the one area that is lacking a different type of player.

I still feel that we spent 2 mill on Miller that wasn't needed when we had a VERY similar player in Novo there with the exception Novo is a better finisher

That 2 mill could have been spent on a forward who can lead the line well when we play one up top.

The way I see it is we have the strikers there to give us 2 up front and also to rotate them, but we don't have a striker to play up front alone (Cousin can, but I doubt he will play for us again). Lafferty could be that player but hasnt had the chance and I am not convinced away to THEM would be the appropriate time to go for it.

1. Boyd or Velicka

2. Novo or JCD or Miller

You can take either striker from 1 and pair with a striker from 2 and it has the potential to work.

But when I look at all 5 of them I don't see ANY who I would really like to see playing the lone striker role (JCD would be my choice IF he could last a game !).

We should have saved the money from Miller and used it on either a CB or a DIFFERENT TYPE of striker (I am not having a go at KM, but more at WS for purchasing someone who I just don't think we needed, regardless of (in)ability)

My team for Sunday's match would be...

--------------------Mcgregor

Whittaker-------Boogy------Weir------Papac

------Davis--------Mendes----Thomson

Novo--------------------------------Beasley

-------------------Lafferty

But i'm not sure about RB, Broadfoot at septic park would be too much of a liabillity, can we trust Whittaker's temperment, Dailly for his experience maybe or will his lack of pace cost us?

Thoughts?

Where has whittaker been the last few weeks?

Not sure I would go with Lafferty - if fit then why not, he wouldn't do worse than any of our other strikers as the lone front man.

The thing about our squad now is that :

1. WS strengthened the strikeforce first when other areas needed strengthened before it.

2. Now that he has strengthened the midfield the strikeforce is the one area that is lacking a different type of player.

I still feel that we spent 2 mill on Miller that wasn't needed when we had a VERY similar player in Novo there with the exception Novo is a better finisher

That 2 mill could have been spent on a forward who can lead the line well when we play one up top.

The way I see it is we have the strikers there to give us 2 up front and also to rotate them, but we don't have a striker to play up front alone (Cousin can, but I doubt he will play for us again). Lafferty could be that player but hasnt had the chance and I am not convinced away to THEM would be the appropriate time to go for it.

1. Boyd or Velicka

2. Novo or JCD or Miller

You can take either striker from 1 and pair with a striker from 2 and it has the potential to work.

But when I look at all 5 of them I don't see ANY who I would really like to see playing the lone striker role (JCD would be my choice IF he could last a game !).

We should have saved the money from Miller and used it on either a CB or a DIFFERENT TYPE of striker (I am not having a go at KM, but more at WS for purchasing someone who I just don't think we needed, regardless of (in)ability)

Entirely the point of my OF post.

It's all very well harping on about 4-5-1 but we lack the key player to make it work.

Entirely the point of my OF post.

It's all very well harping on about 4-5-1 but we lack the key player to make it work.

As it stands possibly we don't. However, I think Lafferty will become that player.

He seems to have a decent touch, is strong, pacey and can score goals. He can lead the line given the proper support from wider areas (ie Novo and Beasley).

As it stands possibly we don't. However, I think Lafferty will become that player.

He seems to have a decent touch, is strong, pacey and can score goals. He can lead the line given the proper support from wider areas (ie Novo and Beasley).

Yup, i really think Lafferty is good enough to play that role for us now and can improve to become an even better centre forward for us.

I still think that RB is going to be a really important position for us in this game though, is Broadfoot up to it - Macdonald made him look clumsy at times in the last match, hopefully he can learn and improve but should he start? Could Whittaker keep his cool and avoid picking up a silly bookings?

So it's a cert that Walter will keep in left midfield. :brick: