Must See - Very Wrong decision

160shoz.jpg

Beasley is a mile onside, its Boyd who is well offside. Boyd needs to be asked why he wondered to an offside position - he can clearly see the last defender.

But the officials should get this correct, and they want more respect??!!! The linesman even has the help of the 18 yard line - disgrace.

EDIT: In fact we should be bombarding the SFA with this picture demanding this linesman gets suspended for not doing his job. He couldnt be better placed and is looking straight across.

Boyd must have influenced the linesman's decision as i don't think he can even see Beasley. Agreed it is a terrible decision and another reason for video evidence in extreme cases.

why should boyd take the blame? or is it just another excuse to flog him because you dont like him?

Its an absolutely terrible decision. And another one that will favour celtic in the long run. We will have to be very very good to win the league this year. all the mhanks have to do is turn up.

but as far as the offside rule goes, does anyone at the SFA (or anywhere else for that matter?) know what the offside rule is? I thought the player had to actually touch the ball to be offside. otherwise he is deemed to be not interfering with play. a good example of this is one of the goals Villareal scored against us in the CL a few years ago when one of their players was in an offside position but didnt touch the ball when they scored. It was highlighted at the time but was accepted by all after being analysed and scrutinsed in the press.

3 games played and the scum have had 3 major decisions go in their favour so far, very annoying indeed.

The officials are getting worse than their usual rubbish standard so something needs to be done soon..........TV evidence is maybe the way......

I know you don't like Boyd Gribz but to blame him here is unreal.......

why should boyd take the blame? or is it just another excuse to flog him because you dont like him?

Its an absolutely terrible decision. And another one that will favour celtic in the long run. We will have to be very very good to win the league this year. all the mhanks have to do is turn up.

but as far as the offside rule goes, does anyone at the SFA (or anywhere else for that matter?) know what the offside rule is? I thought the player had to actually touch the ball to be offside. otherwise he is deemed to be not interfering with play. a good example of this is one of the goals Villareal scored against us in the CL a few years ago when one of their players was in an offside position but didnt touch the ball when they scored. It was highlighted at the time but was accepted by all after being analysed and scrutinsed in the press.

No Boyd doesnt get blame for the decision, but he should be asked why he was in an offside position - this is pure careless. He is a striker who should know the ball is likely to be played and he should have been even with the last defender - a basic footballing skill.

But as far as the rules go I think your right, if a player doesnt touch the ball or if it doesnt go in his path then his is deemed with not interferring with play.

The pass was aimed at Beasley therefore Boyd was not interferring with play but he linesman obviously ruled it for this or he thought Beasley was offside - what ever it was the linesman has to come out and explain this decision.

Right now we are on 7 points instead of 9 because of this decision - that could be the difference between the league title and 2nd place.

Ok it's careless and I see you have changed your post as you did say Boyd must take the blame here first of all.

I know Boyd doesn't move that much but strikers move either side of the defender all the time to onside and offside in a split second and it can change so fast when the ball is played which is why they get it wrong so often IMO, but here the linesman got it totally wrong and something should be done about these mistakes.

TV evidence during the game is the only way forward or this will keep happening over and over.

My original post to blame Boyd was changed due to wrong wording, but I have to say Im fizzing about the decision mainly because officials were talking about strike action before the start of the season for a pay rise...yet 3 weeks into the season there has been huge wrong decisions along with the typical go happy whistle blowing.

I understand being an official must be difficult but they are too easy to blow the whistle and they seem to be getting makor decisions wrong every week.

I hope the club make an official complaint about this.

My original post to blame Boyd was changed due to wrong wording, but I have to say Im fizzing about the decision mainly because officials were talking about strike action before the start of the season for a pay rise...yet 3 weeks into the season there has been huge wrong decisions along with the typical go happy whistle blowing.

I understand being an official must be difficult but they are too easy to blow the whistle and they seem to be getting makor decisions wrong every week.

I hope the club make an official complaint about this.

Fair enough.

I hope they will as well but we all know it won't happen :sigh:

Right now we are on 7 points instead of 9 because of this decision - that could be the difference between the league title and 2nd place.

You need to take this a stage further and state that Celtic have 7 points instead of 4 (the pen in 1st game and then the non-pen against Utd) - and there was even a call of handball yesterday when at 0-0 and you never know how it would have finished but for the ref giving that goal.

So after just 3 games, thanks to officials, we are effectively 5 points behind Celtic - and that WILL be the difference in the league if things dont even themselves out !