Rangers Step Up Bid For Glenn

Guest modman

RANGERS have dramatically stepped up their bid to sign Glenn Loovens from Cardiff City ââ?¬â?? and are offering striker Daniel Cousin in part-exchange.http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2008/07/31/rangers-step-up-bid-forglenn-91466-21440762

The good news is that we could be rid of Cousin, but the bad is that a defender is not our priority after last night - it's a midfielder, be it Davis or anyone. How can WS not see that?

We need midfielders before another centre half. Broadfoot looks like he can play centre half and we have Dailly, Papac and Weir plus even Hemdani once Carlos comes back.

Midfielders HAS to be the priority rather than wait for Ferguson to get fit.

The good news is that we could be rid of Cousin, but the bad is that a defender is not our priority after last night - it's a midfielder, be it Davis or anyone. How can WS not see that?

Agree, but if Weir gets injured i do not fancy Broadfoot, Dailly or Webster in there - no where near good enough and slow

Cardiff City arehaving trouble strengthening they're attack after loing JFH and Fowler so i think Dave Jones would be interested, but will Cousin want to go to Cardiff in the Championship, i thought that toe-ragg Mckay had promised him a club in the Premiership.

Loovens only has one year left on his contract so there's no point in spending crazy money for him when he'd be able to talk to clubs in a little over 5 months. i don't know too much about Loovens but i've heard decent things about him and he played well against the scum in that friendly just a week ago.

Once he signs him Smith will no doubt try get a third keeper before he even looks at a midfielder. The longer we leave it, the more we are held to ransom over players. I cant for the life of me think why we havent been scouting some decent midfielders. Even though they said they wanted players who are better than what we have, we will no doubt turn to some sub-standard SPL midfielder and we can have another on the bench Journeyman.

Even one creative midfielder is not good enough, we need about 3 midfielders to come in. Get rid of the deadwood, and bring in someone to play in behind the strikers and a couple of decent wingers are needed as well. Beasley, Burke and Novo aren't the standard we should be settling for although Novo isnt a winger naturally.

Ive not met one Rangers fan that is looking at this season positively. Imagine how horrible it will be if they get 4 in a row. :(