http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7527503.stm

There's something very wrong about this. How many second chances does one bloke get. He's a thug pure and simple and has no place on a football pitch. I would hope if a Rangers player had his track record, our board and management would do the decent thing both for the game of football and the good of the club.:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7527503.stm

There's something very wrong about this. How many second chances does one bloke get. He's a thug pure and simple and has no place on a football pitch. I would hope if a Rangers player had his track record, our board and management would do the decent thing both for the game of football and the good of the club.:(

I'm with you on this. Don't know what the Toon fans think, though.

Plymouth (i think) just sacked their keeper for a car accident while he was over the limit. This is the treatment id expect, but it seems Barton is being given a chance due to being a footballer, or Newcastle seem to think they will get something out of it.

Footballers dont deserve extra treatment. However Barton has done his time here and has the chance to become a reformed character, shame its on about 50k a week.

Plymouth (i think) just sacked their keeper for a car accident while he was over the limit. This is the treatment id expect, but it seems Barton is being given a chance due to being a footballer, or Newcastle seem to think they will get something out of it.

Footballers dont deserve extra treatment. However Barton has done his time here and has the chance to become a reformed character, shame its on about 50k a week.

Not sure which side of the fence you're on here Gribz? I feel Barton has had more than just a second chance. Incidents in training, incidents whilst out on the piss etc. He's a rotten apple and I think Newcastle should make a stand.

Not sure which side of the fence you're on here Gribz? I feel Barton has had more than just a second chance. Incidents in training, incidents whilst out on the piss etc. He's a rotten apple and I think Newcastle should make a stand.

I dont think he should be punished forever but I dont think he deserves to be rewarded with 50k a week. I agree Newcastle should have taken a stand but the problem is they see him as a business asset and if they sack him then he can join another rival club - sad state of affairs.

Footballers who think they are bigger than the law deserved to be brought back down to the real world.

He's an arse basically. Strange him being given yet another chance, he isnt even that good :S

But Newcastle have invested a lot of money in him. Their bank balance obviously takes preference over principles.

Barton speaks;

"The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle."

Barton speaks;

"The first day's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in, hand you your uniform and force you to pose for the photographer while loads of fat, tattooed, skinheads shout abuse at you. That's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it. That's when it hits home. That's when you realise you've signed for Newcastle."

hahaha, Nice...:fish: