Bets for the new season

Thats obvious though.

I'll certainly have a flutter on when the 2 play at Upton Pk again.

But Id say West Ham would need a 20 point head start for a realistic bet. West Ham are likely to finish around 55 points - give or take 5. Liverpool will get 70 give or take 5.

Individual meetings then unless you narrow the points margin down to 10-15 (miracles can happen)

Individual meetings then unless you narrow the points margin down to 10-15 (miracles can happen)

Im honestly worrying about West Ham this season. We have far too many luxury players who dont perform week in week out. We are capable of winning 5-0 and playing fantastic but also capable of getting stuffed 5-0.

Curbishley has the first 6 weeks of the season to be judged.

So i guess we will be betting on individual meetings. I honestly think you should have taken the 20 point start. That would be close as Liverpool HAVE to challenge this season and that means getting 85+ points.

OK �£20 on Liverpool finishing more than 20 points ahead and we can do the same on individual meetings....

Done! I might aswell just send this to Craig now to cover some of your bet with him. I dont fancy West Ham to make the top 8 next season - I hope Im wring though

Done! I might aswell just send this to Craig now to cover some of your bet with him. I dont fancy West Ham to make the top 8 next season - I hope Im wring though

Fook that, I'll be taking the money from Craig too :D

Guest bluenose1303

This info is from a tipster - thought i would share with you.:thup:

East Stirling to win Scottish Third 25/1 Betfred (22/1 Blue Sq, 22/1 888 Sport, 20/1 Skybet) 1/2pt ew

This is a simple price call for us. Once again The Shire have been priced up on reputation rather than reality but the days when their players were paid �£10 per week and they were everyoneâ��s whipping boys very much now belong in their, albeit recent, history.

East Stirlingshire manager Jim McInally is looking forward to next season after avoiding bottom spot in Division Three. The Shire beat title favourites Montrose 3-1 on the season�s final day to avoid last place in the Scottish Football League for the first time in six years - by one point. McInally and his shrewd assistant Martin Clark joined East Stirlingshire in March, soon after they had resigned their posts at Morton and they have effected a quick turnaround.

This season the club will share the artificial surface at nearby Ochilview, the home of Division Three rivals Stenhousemuir, as Firs Park has been sold to developers. McInally's part-time players will continue to train at Firs Park until the developers move in to construct a housing estate. Meanwhile, Shire will press on with a plan to build their own stadium elsewhere in Falkirk as part of a five year plan to create a fully integrated community club.

There is no doubt there is money available with to the management duo as part of director Spencer Fearn�s scheme to see the wonderful old club, where Sir Alex Ferguson cut his management teeth, transformed. Indeed, it is a testament to Fearn�s ambitions that former Celtic, Arsenal and Wales striker John Hartson was offered The Shire job in March following a breakdown in relations with previous boss Gordon Wylde.

Gordon Wylde�s increasing disenchantment with management and the hype surrounding a cup tie against Rangers ensured that The Shire put in a season of too markedly different halves last term. After a very bright start where a play off spot looked a real possibility, the wheels fell off The Shire�s challenge and the disaster of a wooden spoon finish was only averted by some smart late season crisis management from McInally.

This time around, the former Celtic and Dundee United midfielder, will have more time to put his stamp on The Shire and his extensive contacts throughout Scotland should allow him to wheel and deal effectively. It is early days, with a lot of business yet to be done we are told, but at this stage the widely available 12/1 (8%) win chance looks a lot closer to the mark than yesterday�s 25/1 (3%) from Betfred or similar.

One negative is the loss of the sections best midfielder Andrew Brand to rivals Stenhousemuir. However, so far the signings suggest that The Shire will be in decent shape come August and the plastic surface at Ochilview should suit their favoured style of high tempo possession based football.

Former Rangers, Partick and Clyde midfielder Jimmy Gibson has dropped two leagues to buy into McInally�s vision, commanding defender Michael Bolochoweckyj has signed on too, after impressing as a loanee from Berwick in the season�s final phase where the Shire beat the likes of title favourites Montrose and already promoted Arbroath, in a sequence that saw them lose just twice in their final seven games.

The signing of former Arbroath defender Craig Tully should also see The Shire stronger at the back than last term. Goalkeeper John Hillcoat and much-travelled striker Colin Cramb will add experience to a young side. Midfielder Sean Anderson is an intriguing signing, with the ex-Dundee teenager, having previously worked for McInally and Clark at Celtic.

I am encouraged too that Derek Ure, Marc McKenzie and Dean Richardson have all extended their stays at the club and that a load of dead wood has been cut from the playing roster.

At this stage, the title looks like a shoot-out between Dumbarton and Stenhousemuir, with an inevitable dark horse likely to emerge from the pack. There is no reason why that dark horse should not be East Stirling and we have a big price about a side whose chances are significantly better than yesterday�s odds imply. The Shire have targeted a play off place as their initial target this season and that would be good enough for us to land some decent each way money even if the league title is just beyond their scope.

25/1 thats long long odds to win a tittle, could be worth a ten spot.

I still do think that teams who train and then play week their home games on plastic pitches have an advantage over visiting team though. Are you sticking much on it yourself Bluenose1303?

Guest bluenose1303
25/1 thats long long odds to win a tittle, could be worth a ten spot.

I still do think that teams who train and then play week their home games on plastic pitches have an advantage over visiting team though. Are you sticking much on it yourself Bluenose1303?

Few (�£50) quid each-way & i will probably add it to another league winners accumulator.:thup:

Guest bluenose1303
This info is from a tipster - thought i would share with you.:thup:

East Stirling to win Scottish Third 25/1 Betfred (22/1 Blue Sq, 22/1 888 Sport, 20/1 Skybet) 1/2pt ew

This is a simple price call for us. Once again The Shire have been priced up on reputation rather than reality but the days when their players were paid �£10 per week and they were everyoneâ��s whipping boys very much now belong in their, albeit recent, history.

East Stirlingshire manager Jim McInally is looking forward to next season after avoiding bottom spot in Division Three. The Shire beat title favourites Montrose 3-1 on the season�s final day to avoid last place in the Scottish Football League for the first time in six years - by one point. McInally and his shrewd assistant Martin Clark joined East Stirlingshire in March, soon after they had resigned their posts at Morton and they have effected a quick turnaround.

This season the club will share the artificial surface at nearby Ochilview, the home of Division Three rivals Stenhousemuir, as Firs Park has been sold to developers. McInally's part-time players will continue to train at Firs Park until the developers move in to construct a housing estate. Meanwhile, Shire will press on with a plan to build their own stadium elsewhere in Falkirk as part of a five year plan to create a fully integrated community club.

There is no doubt there is money available with to the management duo as part of director Spencer Fearn�s scheme to see the wonderful old club, where Sir Alex Ferguson cut his management teeth, transformed. Indeed, it is a testament to Fearn�s ambitions that former Celtic, Arsenal and Wales striker John Hartson was offered The Shire job in March following a breakdown in relations with previous boss Gordon Wylde.

Gordon Wylde�s increasing disenchantment with management and the hype surrounding a cup tie against Rangers ensured that The Shire put in a season of too markedly different halves last term. After a very bright start where a play off spot looked a real possibility, the wheels fell off The Shire�s challenge and the disaster of a wooden spoon finish was only averted by some smart late season crisis management from McInally.

This time around, the former Celtic and Dundee United midfielder, will have more time to put his stamp on The Shire and his extensive contacts throughout Scotland should allow him to wheel and deal effectively. It is early days, with a lot of business yet to be done we are told, but at this stage the widely available 12/1 (8%) win chance looks a lot closer to the mark than yesterday�s 25/1 (3%) from Betfred or similar.

One negative is the loss of the sections best midfielder Andrew Brand to rivals Stenhousemuir. However, so far the signings suggest that The Shire will be in decent shape come August and the plastic surface at Ochilview should suit their favoured style of high tempo possession based football.

Former Rangers, Partick and Clyde midfielder Jimmy Gibson has dropped two leagues to buy into McInally�s vision, commanding defender Michael Bolochoweckyj has signed on too, after impressing as a loanee from Berwick in the season�s final phase where the Shire beat the likes of title favourites Montrose and already promoted Arbroath, in a sequence that saw them lose just twice in their final seven games.

The signing of former Arbroath defender Craig Tully should also see The Shire stronger at the back than last term. Goalkeeper John Hillcoat and much-travelled striker Colin Cramb will add experience to a young side. Midfielder Sean Anderson is an intriguing signing, with the ex-Dundee teenager, having previously worked for McInally and Clark at Celtic.

I am encouraged too that Derek Ure, Marc McKenzie and Dean Richardson have all extended their stays at the club and that a load of dead wood has been cut from the playing roster.

At this stage, the title looks like a shoot-out between Dumbarton and Stenhousemuir, with an inevitable dark horse likely to emerge from the pack. There is no reason why that dark horse should not be East Stirling and we have a big price about a side whose chances are significantly better than yesterday�s odds imply. The Shire have targeted a play off place as their initial target this season and that would be good enough for us to land some decent each way money even if the league title is just beyond their scope.

Best Priced 12/1 now :eek: