sorry. im just bloody mad with walter smith. his tactical niavety knows no bounds.

we are bloody terrible to watch and ive just forked out 400 quid for a SB.

I hope smith retires tommorrow. i have no faith in him watsoever.

Early days and it's only a friendly I know, we worked hard and got a good run out which is the main aim but we have no creativeness at all in that team. I hope KM proves me wrong but he is not good enough IMO, velicka done more when he came on than KM done than whole game. Shalke were comfortable all game.....

I see we have improved our set pieces at last :brick:

You said everything i wanted to say in a nutshell. This is by far the worst Rangers team i can ever remember seeing. Schalke were poor in my opinion but we were atrocious. Apart from Miller getting a chance on the left after beating two defenders and the Velicka header we were not even hinting at danger. I agree about Velicka doing more in ten than Miller in eighty minutes.

We just do not have a midfield. We pass the ball sideways and back until all options have been used and then it was a punt to Miller or JCD which resulted in ball loss. JCD really disappointed me, he looked like he was just stamping out the daisy's. Some of it will lie on the service he got, but even when he was on the ball he looked lost of idea's. Alexander looked like he couldn't catch a ball and with 4 CH's on the park losing a goal at a corner was criminal.

Sorry but it looks like a long hard season unless we can get a play-maker in.

I dont think we can blame any players here. It is all down to smiths tactics.

how many times have we dissected the long punt up the park on this site? JCD was a lone figure up front and won absolutely sod all bar 1 free kick in the first half.

But even if he did win a ball the rest of our bloody team were still on our own 18 yard line. what the hell is that all about?

I fear the worst for the comming season. I really dont see where smith is going with this side. There is absolutely nothing i can complement him on where his team is concerned.

It is unbelievable that he perseveres with 1 man up front. Its the same tactics that cost us the league and everyman and his dog can see we just dont have the personel to play such a system.

Smith is dragging us into the football gutter and the sooner he goes the better. you simply cannot defend his approach to football. He is lame, inept and clueless. And the only way we will get a change in style and class is a change in the management.

My stomach is churning at the thought of another seasons football as bad as the last.

I dont think we can blame any players here. It is all down to smiths tactics.

how many times have we dissected the long punt up the park on this site? JCD was a lone figure up front and won absolutely sod all bar 1 free kick in the first half.

But even if he did win a ball the rest of our bloody team were still on our own 18 yard line. what the hell is that all about?

I fear the worst for the comming season. I really dont see where smith is going with this side. There is absolutely nothing i can complement him on where his team is concerned.

It is unbelievable that he perseveres with 1 man up front. Its the same tactics that cost us the league and everyman and his dog can see we just dont have the personel to play such a system.

Smith is dragging us into the football gutter and the sooner he goes the better. you simply cannot defend his approach to football. He is lame, inept and clueless. And the only way we will get a change in style and class is a change in the management.

My stomach is churning at the thought of another seasons football as bad as the last.

I can agree with you about Smith but i really feel this side lack any real quality. Even if we have the ball we can't string 3 passes together. It is mostly because of movement off the ball and position play which is probably down to Smith. Time for a Dutch coach\manager again.

I don't really understand guys that get so upset,annoyed,frustrated,angry etc about friendlies ?. I watched the game and thought both sides treated it like any other training game !!!!. What is it some people expect from these games ?,it's a training session ffs.It really baffles me how some fans react to training matches,I don't give a flying f***k about these games,we thumped Chelsea pre-season last year..........does that mean we are better than them ?,get a grip guys,I mean did Shalke kick oue ass today ?,don't think so,and if we had given them a hiding would that mean we are better than Shalke ?,don't think so. Some people are just looking for something to complain about at every opportunity,so yes it's going to be a long season................for some!!!!

Guest blue steel

It wasn't very pretty was it? 4-5-1 in the first half for a friendly!!?

On the plus side i thought Darchville looked quite sharp,Velicka(might be our best signing)looked pretty good and Whittaker at right back looked far better than Broadfoot(is that difficult). Too be honest i thought we were pretty dire.

I'd also like to mention that i was in the pub and had a few so if you think i'm talking crap do let me know:D .

I don't really understand guys that get so upset,annoyed,frustrated,angry etc about friendlies ?. I watched the game and thought both sides treated it like any other training game !!!!. What is it some people expect from these games ?,it's a training session ffs.It really baffles me how some fans react to training matches,I don't give a flying f***k about these games,we thumped Chelsea pre-season last year..........does that mean we are better than them ?,get a grip guys,I mean did Shalke kick oue ass today ?,don't think so,and if we had given them a hiding would that mean we are better than Shalke ?,don't think so. Some people are just looking for something to complain about at every opportunity,so yes it's going to be a long season................for some!!!!

We played the same in the second half of last season Ian this is not only about friendlies but a lack of class. Our Euro run papered over the cracks last year.

Agree mostly with Ian, and to the WS detractors, I say think back to not too long ago to the dark days of PLG. Who did we all want to come in as manager? That's right WS and Super Ally. I didn't hear too many advocating anyone else at the time. Fast forward to now and who could we get who would do better with this group of players? Is there a magic Dutch coach out there, Pete? The Shalke coach just had players like Asamoah and Rakatic.

We played the same in the second half of last season Ian this is not only about friendlies but a lack of class. Our Euro run papered over the cracks last year.

So what is it you are expecting Pete ?,get rid of the majority of last seasons team and splash a lot of cash to bring in new players ?