Thomas Buffel Leaves - Official

I cant believe the reaction of joy to probably our best "footballer" leaving the club. He easily had the best ability at the club.

Yet people are happy to see plums who cant even TRAP a ball like Adam, Burke and Boyd stay at the team. You could even count on one hand how many good games Captain Ferguson has had in the last season yet others dont get a chance. With that type of mentality around Ibrox Celtic will go onto get 4IAR.

Unless we go out and replace Buffel Im struggling to see where we are going to create things next season other than Beasley and Novo when he comes on.

I cant believe the reaction of joy to probably our best "footballer" leaving the club. He easily had the best ability at the club.

Yet people are happy to see plums who cant even TRAP a ball like Adam, Burke and Boyd stay at the team. You could even count on one hand how many good games Captain Ferguson has had in the last season yet others dont get a chance. With that type of mentality around Ibrox Celtic will go onto get 4IAR.

Unless we go out and replace Buffel Im struggling to see where we are going to create things next season other than Beasley and Novo when he comes on.

I must admit Gribz, i agree with you to an extent. It is sad that a genuine skilled player leaves the club. i will point out however that Ruud Gullit dropped him from the Feynoord team for the very same reason we have let him go. Ruud was all for sexy football so it does say a lot about Buffel i am afraid. A football player has to have a certain amount of aggression in his game but unfortunately that lacked in Buffel's game. He was just too nice a guy.

I'm half and half with this one, especially with him being Belgian and all like part of me is. Yes he never got hardly any games in the last two years or so through injury or not being in favour hence keeping him was hurting the wage bill but...............he is one very skillful player who has the ability to go past people and lets be honest, we don't have that many players that can play in that special role in behind the strikers which a lot of teams fear !

Anyway, he's going and we can't change that, let's see what Walter is planning to do next and judge it then I guess.

To show that ability every one in ten games is not good enough IMO, it's just the same as Barry I agree but he doesn't hide like buffel did when having a bad game. I would like to see Barry replaced with better but I can't see that happening.

You slag of boyd etc for not holding or trapping a ball, but for a midfield player no mater how skillful who can't tackle or head the ball is just as bad IMO.......with the likes of buffels mentality we would be worse off...

We need to replace Barry not Buffel.........

To be fair Gribz,if he was that good,he would have his pick of teams

we don't have that many players that can play in that special role in behind the strikers which a lot of teams fear !

I doubt many teams were quaking in their boots at the thought of facing Buffel, ho ho.

To be fair Gribz,if he was that good,he would have his pick of teams

He did, he had the pick of two teams but I can't for the life of me remember who they are as I'd never heard of them.

Gribz we're talking about Buffel, not Cuellar, so don't panic.

I think it's obvious Buffel wasn't a good footballer, he was anonymous and hardly contributed in most of his games. I would say that is the mark of a very mediocre footballer at best.

If you spent a lot of money for a car and a fortune every year on running costs, what does it say about the car when you never drive it and eventually give it away for free?

We were silly before to think that we could get 1M for him with 3 years left on his contract when we should have let him go for free. That has cost us about 1.7M in wages.

I think in the real world it's obvious he's not a sought after player when he's worth hee haw, and it's funny that you think a player worth nothing is better than one worth 3.5M. Even Adam would probably bring in about 1M.

Gow is worth more at 250k.

Barry may have had a poor season by his own standards but his best games were better than Buffel's best and his worst were better than Buffel's worst.

The main reason Buffel stuck around is that no-one in the world thought he good enough for them to match his Ibrox wages and he would rather do bugger all at Ibrox than take a wage cut. With only one year left on his contract he obviously sees that it's better to take a cut for one year than try to find a club after three years of not playing.

He (AND Gow) are just far too money oriented and part of what is wrong with the game.

There may have been a clause in his contract meaning that Rangers would have to pay 400k if they played him, but would you pay a big fee for something you don't really want so you can use it a few times? I don't think so.

I'll won't hold my breath to await Buffel's obvious meteoric rise in football after Rangers.

I'm just glad we got one more greedy waster off the books.

Gribz we're talking about Buffel, not Cuellar, so don't panic.

I think it's obvious Buffel wasn't a good footballer, he was anonymous and hardly contributed in most of his games. I would say that is the mark of a very mediocre footballer at best.

If you spent a lot of money for a car and a fortune every year on running costs, what does it say about the car when you never drive it and eventually give it away for free?

We were silly before to think that we could get 1M for him with 3 years left on his contract when we should have let him go for free. That has cost us about 1.7M in wages.

I think in the real world it's obvious he's not a sought after player when he's worth hee haw, and it's funny that you think a player worth nothing is better than one worth 3.5M. Even Adam would probably bring in about 1M.

Gow is worth more at 250k.

Barry may have had a poor season by his own standards but his best games were better than Buffel's best and his worst were better than Buffel's worst.

The main reason Buffel stuck around is that no-one in the world thought he good enough for them to match his Ibrox wages and he would rather do bugger all at Ibrox than take a wage cut. With only one year left on his contract he obviously sees that it's better to take a cut for one year than try to find a club after three years of not playing.

He (AND Gow) are just far too money oriented and part of what is wrong with the game.

There may have been a clause in his contract meaning that Rangers would have to pay 400k if they played him, but would you pay a big fee for something you don't really want so you can use it a few times? I don't think so.

I'll won't hold my breath to await Buffel's obvious meteoric rise in football after Rangers.

I'm just glad we got one more greedy waster off the books.

That is totally untrue Cal. Buffel pleaded to be released in January saying why are Rangers paying my wages if they won't play me. If Rangers would have freed him in January he would have joined Hannover. The transfer fee rangers were asking for at that time plus his wages stopped the deal from happening.

Sorry mate but you have got your facts wrong in this one.