If Cardiff come back in with a 3.5 million bid then just as Craig says we should bite there hand off.

Winning the league is going to be all about how we play as a team and Boyd just doesnt fit into that at the moment unless we get a Laudrup or Gascoigne to set up the chances.

Negri took the huff in the 97/98 season while WS was still in charge and we didnt see him again until well into DA era. Mols joined in 99/00 season (DA's 2nd). So they were both still on the books at the same time.

One thing i disagreed with on Craigs earlier post was this:

Mols was a fantastic player who offered so much more than Boyd IMO, except in the goal-scoring dept - he always required two markers because he was so dificult to pin down.

Mols scored 14 or 15 goals between August and October that season he was injured. Not only was he scoring but he was creating. I was at the Motherwell game where he bagged all 4 goals and made them himself - Boyd could only dream of that. Had Khan not injured Mols i think he would have got approx 30 goals that season.

If Cardiff come back in with a 3.5 million bid then just as Craig says we should bite there hand off.

Winning the league is going to be all about how we play as a team and Boyd just doesnt fit into that at the moment unless we get a Laudrup or Gascoigne to set up the chances.

Negri took the huff in the 97/98 season while WS was still in charge and we didnt see him again until well into DA era. Mols joined in 99/00 season (DA's 2nd). So they were both still on the books at the same time.

Mols scored 14 or 15 goals between August and October that season he was injured. Not only was he scoring but he was creating. I was at the Motherwell game where he bagged all 4 goals and made them himself - Boyd could only dream of that. Had Khan not injured Mols i think he would have got approx 30 goals that season.

Gribz i hope that is not some anti-Boyd sentiment. You better watch out the Gersnet Mugabe will be after you,;)

i'm not comparing boyd to anyone else we have had, just the fact he is the best scorer we have at present.........

i'm not comparing boyd to anyone else we have had, just the fact he is the best scorer we have at present.........

I think the circle must be round on this one. It is obvious the support is split in two groups. One group who think scoring is enough and another group who think it is great he can score but want to see more team work.

I don't think we can or should want to change him as i believe you are born with talent and can only fine tune it. You can't make something what it is not.

Walter must make the decision:

Can we afford to play with Boyd up front just waiting for the few seconds he is productive?

Are we going to play attacking enough, to play to Boyd's strength?

How much money are his goals worth if we can find a buyer?

Personally i hope he stays and is happy to come off the bench in games, but i will not cry if he goes if the price is right.

Your right Pete, the board seems completely split on this one.

Im hoping he will be more than a bit part player and at the same time play a more attacking style of football.

Your right Pete, the board seems completely split on this one.

Im hoping he will be more than a bit part player and at the same time play a more attacking style of football.

I'll certainly agree on the attacking aspect, another year of 18 yard sightseeing will do in our heads.

Although i have not seen much yet that points to more attacking football.

I think the circle must be round on this one. It is obvious the support is split in two groups. One group who think scoring is enough and another group who think it is great he can score but want to see more team work.

I don't think we can or should want to change him as i believe you are born with talent and can only fine tune it. You can't make something what it is not.

Walter must make the decision:

Can we afford to play with Boyd up front just waiting for the few seconds he is productive?

Are we going to play attacking enough, to play to Boyd's strength?

How much money are his goals worth if we can find a buyer?

Personally i hope he stays and is happy to come off the bench in games, but i will not cry if he goes if the price is right.

Yeah your right Pete. However IMO he isnt showing any signs of improving his game and almost isnt capable of being an all round striker.

For me, the best we can get from Boyd without a Laudrup is for him to come off the bench and hope he gives us a goal when we need one, but we have Novo for this who is effective. Other than that I'll take a few million for Boyd.