I understand all that Cammy BUT, with us buying another 3 strikers, do you think we will consistently play 451 next season? Possibly in Europe, but it looks more like WS will go 442 (I hope).

I also think he has improved his game last season, particlaraly noticeable towards the end of the season. He was having more assits, flick ons and moved around a lot more.

I also think Boyd is worth a lot more than �£3m, far more!

He is STILL also out top scorer for the last season, even being used as a bit part player in a formation not suited to his game, and mainly in force to make us hard to beat, which last season, we desperately needed.

I understand all that Cammy BUT, with us buying another 3 strikers, do you think we will consistently play 451 next season? Possibly in Europe, but it looks more like WS will go 442 (I hope).

I also think he has improved his game last season, particlaraly noticeable towards the end of the season. He was having more assits, flick ons and moved around a lot more.

I also think Boyd is worth a lot more than �£3m, far more!

He is STILL also out top scorer for the last season, even being used as a bit part player in a formation not suited to his game, and mainly in force to make us hard to beat, which last season, we desperately needed.

I'm hoping we are going to play 4-3-3 in domestic games and 4-5-1 in Europe and 'tough' away games.

I haven't seen an improvement in Boyd's overall game since the day he signed, in fact, under PLG he looked disinterested and I thought that Ally and Walter would be able to bring more out of Boyd, I don't think they have.

In fact, it says something about his overall ability that WS doesn't trust him as a lone stricker and only plays Boyd in limited spells.

I don't think Boyd is worth more that �£3M in todays transfer market. If Boyd leaves Rangers, he'll join an English Championship side or a newly promoted club like WBA.

As I said, I'm not losing sleep over whether he stays or goes - but if his transfer fee can be used to IMPROVE another area, I'd sell him tomorrow. We urgently require 2 creative midfield players, a (fit, expereinced and under 40!!!!!) centre-half and both a right and left back.

Cammy F

We've seen over the last few months on here mate that the Boyd dilemma could go on an on and this board seems completely split over opinions on the matter.

Thats the beauty of Gersnet, it's a reasoned discussion with no silly name calling or fighting etc.

Our views are both clear so will we have to see what happens in the coming months...

We've seen over the last few months on here mate that the Boyd dilemma could go on an on and this board seems completely split over opinions on the matter.

Thats the beauty of Gersnet, it's a reasoned discussion with no silly name calling or fighting etc.

Our views are both clear so will we have to see what happens in the coming months...

Aye, and if Boyd stays he'll benefit from the Kenny Miller factor - i.e Miller will split the fans even MORE than Boyd ;)

Cammy F

I agree with that too Cammy.

I have no idea how we are going to line up next season at the moment. I had ago on the other thread and found it quite difficult.

I wonder how much of a differnce the teams we have all suggested, will change by the start of next season and all the comings and goings finished.

Boyd does score goals, but they tend to be when we are winning comfortabley - I can't remember too many games where a Boyd goal was the winning goal especially against the Tims, or in Europe.

You can not mention McCoist and Boyd in the same breath - McCoist was also a football player as well as a 'goal-getter'. You could also rely on McCoist to score you a winning goal on a consistant basis as well as banging in hatricks against the likes of Falkirk.

Cammy F

Jon, with all due respect, the finals were against DUFC and QoS - I don't think Boyd would have scored doubles if both finals were against say Celtc, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc...

He hasn't improved his game since he signed for us, he can't play as a lone striker and looks lost in our preferred 4-5-1 system. He looks 'unfit' and there are constant rumours regarding his personal life.

Cammy F

:thup: Couldnt agree more

:thup: Couldnt agree more

Writing off Cup final goals because they are against Dundee Utd? Fucking ridiculous. We have struggled like hell against them in recent seasons. This is a hard to beat outfit under levein and we only won the cups last season due to Boyd's interventions.

Boyd scores goals, yet all his detractors want to write it off as if it's easy and anyone can do it when it's simply not true. How many people looked at performances from Cuellar in the SPL when they were raving about his defending and covering in defence and said och it was only St Mirren or Falkirk (Yes I know he also perfromed well in europe but that didn't stop the praise for an SPL performance against questionable opposition and Boyd was not really tested in Europe.).

I wont take anyone seriously who so easily dismisses the plus points of his game when there is noone in our squad or possibly even the country who is anywhere close to his abilities.

Writing off Cup final goals because they are against Dundee Utd? Fucking ridiculous. We have struggled like hell against them in recent seasons. This is a hard to beat outfit under levein and we only won the cups last season due to Boyd's interventions.

Boyd scores goals, yet all his detractors want to write it off as if it's easy and anyone can do it when it's simply not true. How many people looked at performances from Cuellar in the SPL when they were raving about his defending and covering in defence and said och it was only St Mirren or Falkirk (Yes I know he also perfromed well in europe but that didn't stop the praise for an SPL performance against questionable opposition and Boyd was not really tested in Europe.).

I wont take anyone seriously who so easily dismisses the plus points of his game when there is noone in our squad or possibly even the country who is anywhere close to his abilities.

it seems boyd will only be a top player if he scores against selik or in the CL (games where he has hardly started or played in), all other goals against anyone else don't really count, cup finals or not ;)

it seems boyd will only be a top player if he scores against selik or in the CL (games where he has hardly started or played in), all other goals against anyone else don't really count, cup finals or not ;)

Well top players tend to score in top games. Kenny Deuchar scored about 45 goals in the lower leagues per year but couldnt do it at top level!! Boyd bangs in goals against lower SPL teams and when he did ever feature in bigger games he is out of his depth at that level.

Simple conclusion is he is fine for coming off the bench in SPL games and will get us goals but for Rangers first choice striker in important games we need a better player - this is also because we played 1 man upfront last season and he cant play that role.

Well top players tend to score in top games. Kenny Deuchar scored about 45 goals in the lower leagues per year but couldnt do it at top level!! Boyd bangs in goals against lower SPL teams and when he did ever feature in bigger games he is out of his depth at that level.

Simple conclusion is he is fine for coming off the bench in SPL games and will get us goals but for Rangers first choice striker in important games we need a better player - this is also because we played 1 man upfront last season and he cant play that role.

Yeah but can we really attract the "top players" to our club anymore ? If not then, as a finisher, Boyd is the best we could hope for.

His all-round game is poor but if he has a Kenny Miller type beside him to do the donkey work then he will score a load of goals against the SPL teams and it is the SPL that is most important to us. Sure, in Europe that may not be enough, but he doesnt suit our 4-5-1 in Europe anyway.